Canon RF 28-70 f/2L and what else?

Dec 13, 2010
Question: I don't know if you are referring to on- or off-camera flash, but I was wondering about the massive barrel of the 28-70 obscuring the on-camera flash and casting a shadow (particularly close-up at 70mm). Can you comment on this? I already had issues with the EF 24-70 doing this with the hood attached (when removed, seems to be clear).
There is no on camera flash, if you mean one that goes in the hot shoe just tilt it a bit and remove lens hood.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Question: I don't know if you are referring to on- or off-camera flash, but I was wondering about the massive barrel of the 28-70 obscuring the on-camera flash and casting a shadow (particularly close-up at 70mm). Can you comment on this? I already had issues with the EF 24-70 doing this with the hood attached (when removed, seems to be clear).
I always use off camera flash and always in manual. I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Upvote 0
sorry, that's what I meant. "On-Camera Flash" = Flash mounted onto hot shoe.

You would want to bounce it if you are shooting anywhere near 28mm. I really don't use flash much with this lens, since it is such a light canon, but I did do some shots with it of a still subject that required a flash and you do see the shadow if not bounced.

Upvote 0