Canon to finally bring a successor to the Cinema EOS C200

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Not really…I didn’t mention anything about a “cube” or dimensions. Pretty sure you used the incorrect quote…see how THAT works? :)
You are correct. I’m not sure how I ended up quoting you? It was intended as a reply to the post before yours. He claimed the C300 was a box camera. Which it clearly is not.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
You are correct. I’m not sure how I ended up quoting you? It was intended as a reply to the post before yours. He claimed the C300 was a box camera. Which it clearly is not.

??

The C300iii is very clearly not a sphere. 5 of its 6 surfaces are effectively flat. Which makes it a cube.

Why is the slightly textured 6th surface of theC300iii preventing you from doing your work?

Sounds like you just have G.A.S. by another metric.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
??

The C300iii is very clearly not a sphere. 5 of its 6 surfaces are effectively flat. Which makes it a cube.

Why is the slightly textured 6th surface of theC300iii preventing you from doing your work?

Sounds like you just have G.A.S. by another metric.
Two points:
• There are way more than 6 surfaces
• “Effectively flat” is not flat.

By your definition the c70 also qualifies… heck just about everything qualifies. All cameras are “effectively” some sort of cuboid. But I think you understand the difference… or not?

As for GAS… it would have to bring more than a cube shape to win my money.

Upvote 0
Two points:
• There are way more than 6 surfaces
• “Effectively flat” is not flat.

By your definition the c70 also qualifies… heck just about everything qualifies. All cameras are “effectively” some sort of cuboid. But I think you understand the difference… or not?

As for GAS… it would have to bring more than a cube shape to win my money.

The C70 is rectangular, because it's wider than it is deep. C300 is the shape of a cube. Lol. Maybe you should rent one?

Regardless, it's a pretty perfect camera as-is, which would explain why it's super popular. Amazing images and a joy of a camera to use!

Upvote 0
Regardless, it's a pretty perfect camera as-is, which would explain why it's super popular. Amazing images and a joy of a camera to use!
I can’t disagree! It’s why I’m hoping they don’t change much of the body / layout on the new generation; just additional capabilities. The C500 MkII has honestly been one of the best and most flexible camera systems I have ever worked with and this is coming from someone who owns a C70 and owned and sold an Alexa Mini and Amira. The C500 / C300 just offer a lot; RAW when needed and XFAVC for long-form docu-style and the AF, NDs, XLR…it’s just very capable. I’m not saying I’d be mad if they made the Canon “Komodo” but that ot just an “improved capability” version of the current body style to replace my pair of C500’d would easily get my money.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
With the launch of this rumored C200II, Canon will have 3 cameras with the same sensor, C300III,C70,C200II, too much crowding. Man Canon believes in this sensor so much!! But this sensor, to be honest is almost 3-4 years old technology.

As compared to the C200 body form, I much prefer the C100 style with a built in EVF.

Built in EVF is a must for fast paced outdoor shooting,Documetary style shooting, in bright sunlight when the flippy screen is of no use. Without EVF, You need an external monitor, which just bulks up the setup.The compositions are much precise when you compose through an EVF and it also offers that third point of contact for added stability of the camera.

The C70 should have had a built in EVF.Hopefully the upcoming C200,C90,C50 etc. will be Full frame with a built in EVF. Canon doesn't have a FF equivalent of the Sony FX6, the C70 with speed booster has some purple cast issues. Sony FX6 (even though it doesn't do RAW like the C70) is a much more popular camera with rental houses for its solid 4K & excellent low light that the FF sensor offers.

The rumored C200II seems already dated before Launch!;)
:(:oops:

Upvote 0
I highly doubt there will ever be a C200mkii. The C200 was one of canons most deliberately crippled cameras. Even now it could be improved with Raw Lite LT with a 10:1 compression which is much better then the massive 3:1 it currently has. Debatably it could also have had 10bit mp4 added as well. These updates will never come and the camera will remain valueless at 1:3 of the original price and dropping. My point is why would any one trust it. I’ll bet it’ll be a C300 R or something like that.

Upvote 0