Canon to Target The GH4 With New DSLR Type? [CR2]

Tinky said:
High Iso is important for video?

Hmmm. Helpful occasionally to get out a hole.

if we are speaking professionally, then fast lenses and lighting are much more desirable.

If thats too much hassle, them we aren't talking professionally. No offence whatsoever intended.

Hmmm ... never heard of ENG, documentary, wedding work? Then you are just being arrogant. No offence whatsoever intended.

How can anyone be unaware of the importance of high ISO in both video and photography? Lighting is not always available, or even desirable. Even fast lenses are not always sufficient.

Upvote 0
Etienne said:
Hmmm ... never heard of ENG, documentary, wedding work? Then you are just being arrogant. No offence whatsoever intended.

How can anyone be unaware of the importance of high ISO in both video and photography? Lighting is not always available, or even desirable. Even fast lenses are not always sufficient.

I'm not unaware. High Iso is another tool. Where possible I'd rather light. High Iso is not a substitute for lighting, or more accurately, taking control of lighting.

My eng cam has a pag permenantly on top of it, I find the dichroic / daylight kens brilliant for adding a catchlight, even on a summers day.

I don't do weddings. So really don't care a jot about how they are shot, when I do event work, I'll have a pag or rotolights. Theres a set of reds in my car all the time for bouncing light into dark spaces. I've managed ti get by without isi 105,200 for 20 years. Granted an a7s would be handy fir shooting the Northern Lights once in a red green blue moon.

If you think high ISO first and lighting second then I'm quite happy for you to be the competition, and even happier that you think I'm arrogant.

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
zim said:
How do I work out how many minutes of video I can get into 1 GB of SD card space?

Regards

Depends on resolution and/or framerate.
I believe 1080/24p is 12 min (plus/minus a few seconds) for 4Gb.
So about 3 min. per Gb.

Here is a t3i manual (go to page 151): http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300004720/02/eosrt3i-eos600d-im2-c-en.pdf

Upvote 0
mkabi said:
zim said:
How do I work out how many minutes of video I can get into 1 GB of SD card space?

Regards

So about 3 min. per Gb.

Here is a t3i manual (go to page 151): http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300004720/02/eosrt3i-eos600d-im2-c-en.pdf

Also depends on the model of camera, if you have all-i or ipb temporal compression... it also depends on your subject, a detailed rapidly changing subject will use up slightly more memory than one where spatial and temporal savings can be made.

What kind if cam do you have?

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
mkabi said:
zim said:

Regards

So about 3 min. per Gb.

Cheers! But i was meaning for 4k off a 1" sensor

Is it as simple as 3mins x 0.27 ? (1080/4000)
Regards

Upvote 0