Canon U.S.A. Launches a Line of 4K UHD PTZ Cameras Ready For Integration Into a Variety of Environments

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, March 17, 2021– Designed for use in a wide-range of applications in broadcast, education, house of worship, sports, and corporate environments, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to introduce the company’s first line of 4K UHD PTZ cameras – the PTZ and CR-N300 for indoor live-streaming and the outdoor CR-X500.
This new line of cameras capitalizes on Canon’s digital imaging and operational expertise from both professional camcorders and network cameras. This enables the cameras to not only deliver brilliant 4K imagery thanks to Canon’s CMOS sensors, DIGIC DV 6 Image Processor, and optical zoom lenses, but also smooth pan, tilt and zoom functionality that allows for on-air camera movement. The new indoor PTZ cameras support various video interfaces, including HDMI, IP, and 3G-SDI, and are also compatible with popular live production protocols like NDI|HX®, RTMP and more. The new outdoor PTZ camera supports 12G-SDI, and includes...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Price? Although I suppose if they are focusing on integrators, they won't say a price because you need to go through an integrator.

Talys

Canon 6DII
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Events and places of worship.

They also mentioned an outdoor PTZ IP camera. I doubt they'll outprice Hikvision

Probably has to do with this, just below:

Update #2: I have been told that Canon will announce new PTZ cameras that will cost around $4000 USD. This isn’t a new segment for them though, but their current offerings are $10,000 USD and up.

So, no, sadly, they won't be replacing my $100-$200 Hikvision cameras (which are great for what you pay!) :p

Reactions: dolina

John Wilde

EOS M50
Jan 2, 2021
The specs for the CR-N500 are a 1" sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF. That's interesting. No current PowerShot has DPAF.

EOS 4 Life

EOS RP
Sep 20, 2020
Given the video above, professional content production (live events, corporate and the likes).

Good news is : in house, canon 1" sensor with dpaf. Oneday, we could see a powershot with a canon 1" sensor.
Canon has had 1" sensors with DPAF is pro camcorders for quite some time.
What surprised me is that the one camera without DPAF has hybrid AF.
I was not aware of any Canon cameras with that.

jam05

EOS RP
Mar 12, 2019
Hikvision cameras? Aren't they blacklisted in the USA? May as well just use a Nest or Ring camera instead.

Reactions: snappy604

John Wilde

EOS M50
Jan 2, 2021
This type of product seems to fit in with Canon's new organizational structure, where the Imaging division was replaced by the Optical Industry division.

EOS 4 Life

EOS RP
Sep 20, 2020
This type of product seems to fit in with Canon's new organizational structure, where the Imaging division was replaced by the Optical Industry division.
Canon has had this type of camera for a while but I was not aware of any that were 4K UHD.

domo_p1000

EOS-1D X MkIII | EOS-1D X MkII
CR Pro
Aug 22, 2013
Price? Although I suppose if they are focusing on integrators, they won't say a price because you need to go through an integrator.
CR-N300 - $2,699
CR-N500 - $5,399
CR-X500 - Please sit down ($22,000)

Reactions: ethanz

David - Sydney

EOS RP
CR Pro
Dec 7, 2014
www.flickr.com

leviathan18

EOS M50
CR Pro
Feb 13, 2019
Wherever you need a camera but there's no space for a cameraman (should I write cameraperson today?), or is unsafe.
at first I thought security, but it has many ports so it had to be for something else... So your explanation makes sense

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
How good do you think the N300 would be without DPAF? We have eight year old Sony PTZs (obviously no fancy AF or DPAF) and their AF is decent.

Quackator

EOS RP
Jul 19, 2011
Four unmanned cameras replace four cameramen.
You might keep one as VJ, but you save 3 heads crew.
Make the math: Three dayrates, three hotel nights,
three seats on plane or car , three heads catering and
per diem per event saved - the cameras pay for themselves
pretty fast.

ROI might happen on the first event already.

<-- start Taboola -->