Canon U.S.A. Launches a Line of 4K UHD PTZ Cameras Ready For Integration Into a Variety of Environments

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, March 17, 2021– Designed for use in a wide-range of applications in broadcast, education, house of worship, sports, and corporate environments, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to introduce the company’s first line of 4K UHD PTZ cameras – the PTZ and CR-N300 for indoor live-streaming and the outdoor CR-X500.
This new line of cameras capitalizes on Canon’s digital imaging and operational expertise from both professional camcorders and network cameras. This enables the cameras to not only deliver brilliant 4K imagery thanks to Canon’s CMOS sensors, DIGIC DV 6 Image Processor, and optical zoom lenses, but also smooth pan, tilt and zoom functionality that allows for on-air camera movement. The new indoor PTZ cameras support various video interfaces, including HDMI, IP, and 3G-SDI, and are also compatible with popular live production protocols like NDI|HX®, RTMP and more. The new outdoor PTZ camera supports 12G-SDI, and includes...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Events and places of worship.

They also mentioned an outdoor PTZ IP camera. I doubt they'll outprice Hikvision

Probably has to do with this, just below:

Update #2: I have been told that Canon will announce new PTZ cameras that will cost around $4000 USD. This isn’t a new segment for them though, but their current offerings are $10,000 USD and up.

So, no, sadly, they won't be replacing my $100-$200 Hikvision cameras (which are great for what you pay!) :p

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Given the video above, professional content production (live events, corporate and the likes).

Good news is : in house, canon 1" sensor with dpaf. Oneday, we could see a powershot with a canon 1" sensor.
Canon has had 1" sensors with DPAF is pro camcorders for quite some time.
What surprised me is that the one camera without DPAF has hybrid AF.
I was not aware of any Canon cameras with that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0