Canon Announces CR-N100 4K PTZ Camera and Flagship RC-IP1000 Remote Camera Controller

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 12, 2023 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the CR-N100 4K PTZ camera. The camera is designed for indoor use-cases and brings the excellent image quality and performance that Canon PTZ cameras are known for at a lower price point. Canon is also introducing the RC-IP1000, a high-end

See full article...

Not sure how and who would be clients for these in the field yet. But seeing the new tracking app they have, those three plus multi cams shoots, will move to smaller crew size
It will be interesting if Canon answers the Sony FR7, with the PZT camera tracking technology

Personally, worked on a 7 camera setup, using broadcast cameras via telemetrics system, and was fun. Could hunt interesting shots

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Not sure how and who would be clients for these in the field yet.[...]
From what I've seen from online reactions: churches, for streaming their sermons and events.
Every time my kids have a performance as part of their music lessons, I'm amazed at the amount of PTZ cams present in churches and the lack of them in music/theatre focussed venues.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
It will be interesting if Canon answers the Sony FR7, with the PZT camera tracking technology
The FR7 is a strange camera.
I am sure it needs to be answered.
I would rather see Canon update their robotic camera system that turns interchangeable lens cameras into PTZ to support more cameras and lenses.
Right now I think it only supports 1DX models.

Upvote 0