Cinema5D reviews R6 (video capabilities only)

adigoks

EOS 750D
Jul 12, 2020
Shame about the overheating, Canon should have done a better job there. But i'm not sure i believe the "horrendous" rolling shutter when the 1DX3 sensor is one of the best on the market and barely has rolling shutter.
its believable in my opinion. canon tend to decrease the readout speed make it slower depending on frame rate . so 4K60 probably have better rolling shutter than 4K30.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
My problem with the 'review' is he doesn't go into specifics. It seems to me he is shooting long form natural conversations and interactions and then making his edit from those, if so I don't believe it was ever Canon's intent to be used that way, but we need data.

Why didn't he say it took x amount of time to overheat on this occasion, it took y amount of time to restart on that occasion, we want ballpark numbers of real user data not blanket 'it overheats I can't use it' garbage, that doesn't further our knowledge at all.

If I had been in his situation, testing the camera, I'd have timed the start to overheat, I'd have recorded the ambient temperature and I'd have timed the restart delay. I'd then have presented everybody with a performance curve. That curve would be different for everybody because heat/humidity/settings/etc are going to impact the results, but they would give potential buyers an indication of performance rather than a personal opinion that doesn't relate to performance one iota.

Upvote 0
This put some light on this, and points to the whole video being a set-up. He won't even say for how long he actually recorded before the overheating.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
This put some light on this, and points to the whole video being a set-up. He won't even say for how long he actually recorded before the overheating.
I think they, EOSHD, are asking exactly the questions I did in the post above.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The whole overheating thing is something I have simply never thought about using all my Canon bodies over the years. Just a week ago I filmed a commercial for my dads company. 6h in over 30C heat on a football ⚽ pitch. The EOS R was in the boiling sun ☀ for the whole time, I recorded in 4K ALL-I. It didn’t even cross my mind that it could overheat and obviously it didn’t. It never even felt hot or anything. Does this 1.77 crop on the R make such a difference??

Last edited:
Upvote 0