Cityscapes

Here is a photo taken from two nights ago of downtown Vancouver, BC. It is a 5 shot vertical panorama taken at 16mm.
I was rather surprised to catch the stars coming from the left side. The exposure difference between the farthest left shot, and the farthest right was almost 3 stops. I think I metered off the middle frame, then shot from left to right. Unfortunetaly BC Place got over exposed.

5d3, 16-35mm f4 IS
ISO 250, f4, 25 seconds.

Attachments

• 5D3_1438-Pano.jpg
    5D3_1438-Pano.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0
GMCPhotographics said:
Here's a few recent shots from a trip to London, not all cityscapes are wide. If a cityscape is a landscape in a city, then detail or telephoto shots surely are included in the remit?

Amazing pictures

How did you do this one? Is it fish eye lens?
GMCPhotographics said:
32911328930_bca63a3759_c.jpg

Is this the cloister in Westminster Abbey?
GMCPhotographics said:

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Ryan.
Very nice shot, is there any way to not have a wall of lights blow out when you want detail elsewhere on the darker bits? Did it not look something like that to the naked eye, not withstanding the eye / brain ability to rapidly accommodate huge differences.

Cheers, Graham.

Ryananthony said:
Here is a photo taken from two nights ago of downtown Vancouver, BC. It is a 5 shot vertical panorama taken at 16mm.
I was rather surprised to catch the stars coming from the left side. The exposure difference between the farthest left shot, and the farthest right was almost 3 stops. I think I metered off the middle frame, then shot from left to right. Unfortunetaly BC Place got over exposed.

5d3, 16-35mm f4 IS
ISO 250, f4, 25 seconds.

Upvote 0
Ladislav said:
GMCPhotographics said:
Here's a few recent shots from a trip to London, not all cityscapes are wide. If a cityscape is a landscape in a city, then detail or telephoto shots surely are included in the remit?

Amazing pictures

How did you do this one? Is it fish eye lens?
GMCPhotographics said:

Is this the cloister in Westminster Abbey?
GMCPhotographics said:

I used a canon EF8-15L fisheye. But any fully circular fisheye lens will do.

Upvote 0