CPS Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
mackguyver said:
A client changing their mind - never! That's a funny story, and I had a client who wanted big images, but then used them at a 1" x 1.5" size. Then they came back and wanted 40"x60" prints about 6 months later. They paid well each time, though :), just like your experience. I thought it was funny that you couldn't even get back to the office before they called.
Yes, that's the part that had me in stitches too! I wasn't gone from their office over 5 minutes when the call came in from them, with their facebook difficulties! I could just picture them, all gathered around one desk, looking at the images and trying to load them on FB! I did get a giggle out of it myself! :D

Upvote 0

fxk

Sep 18, 2013
mackguyver said:
Per the CPS Terms & Conditions (http://www.cps.act.cusa.canon.com/sys/attachments/terms_conditions_revised_2012.pdf):
"Applicant must be a full-time self-employed individual or an employee of a professional imaging business who plays a direct role in the creation of moving or still images."

Anyone can call themselves a pro - there isn't a test or license.
Full-time self-employed individual would rule out anyone with a real "day job" i.e., 40 hrs, 5/week.
Self employed also infers one is paying the bills through their art - art as a small business.
IRS says one must show profit 3 out of the last 5 tax years.

So an amateur is "cheating" CPS - or is Canon "screwing" the rest of us amateur, part-timers, artists, teachers, and whoever else with their ridiculous service charges.

On points, I more than qualify. I'd love to have my equipment cleaned and calibrated occasionally - but one body is the cost of a Gold membership.

Sheesh... :mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.