Crazy Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $849

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>Authorized Canon reseller BuyDig is selling the Canon EOS 80D w/Pixma Pro-100 bundle for $849 (After $350 mail-in rebate). Currently, the Canon EOS 80D body retails for $1199, so you’re saving $350 on a brand new DSLR and receiving a free printer, memory card and paper.</p>
<p>You can download the mail-in rebate form <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/canonmir20160403.pdf" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574981434&toolid=10001&campid=5337846661&customid=&icep_item=331831932258&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg" target="_blank">Canon EOS 80D body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $849</a></strong> (Reg $1199 + printer/memory card)</p>
<p>These items will come with a full 1 year Canon USA warranty.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Sep 25, 2010
Re: Deal: Canon EOS 80D Body w/Pixma Pro-100 Bundle $949

C-A430 said:
nightscape123 said:
Ouch... they must really not be selling any of these. Maybe this will teach them to stop intentionally crippling cameras of basic features like 4k.

oooorr, they should not give rebates

Or inclusion of the 80D was a simple error (there's a long list of eligible items on the rebate form); or the number of devices sold through rebate programs does not have a significant impact on the total units sold; or it's actually a way to get more printers out to customers who will buy lots of ink and paper...

Chill, folks: this is one of those situations where it's difficult or impossible for us to know how this relates to overall sales of specific products.

Upvote 0

nightscape123 said:
Ouch... they must really not be selling any of these. Maybe this will teach them to stop intentionally crippling cameras of basic features like 4k.
Just a start. It is going to be $799 with rebate after some time. Then $699 on refurb store. That is what they did with 70D.

Upvote 0

TeT

I am smiling because I am happy...
Feb 17, 2014

after mail in: 949.00

sell the printer on eBay for $150 (easy sell) : 799.00

if you are jonesing for a new 80D this is a no brainer

If you sell the camera also, the total package will make you an easy $150 all before your credit card statement is due... (thats 10% profit on no money spent)

would be a no brainer if Canon did not have a 1 per item per household limit on the rebate

Upvote 0

arcer

You're now reading irrelevant text.
Jan 8, 2016
Hong Kong SAR

I recall seeing rebates and price drops for the new rebels soon after they were introduced, not clear on the 7D2.

The 80D has swayed me a bit over the 7D2 and I would have snatch the 80D at once if I see these prices at my place. Guess you naysayers can shut up a bit and appreciate how nice Canon USA is, with their mail-in rebates and packages.

Upvote 0

TeT said:

If you sell the camera also, the total package will make you an easy $150 all before your credit card statement is due... (thats 10% profit on no money spent)

would be a no brainer if Canon did not have a 1 per item per household limit on the rebate

When I got my 7d II with this rebate in January, the printers were listed at $100 on Craigslist and still not selling because so many people got the packages.I finally sold mine for $50. Wouldn't be surprised if this still the case.

Upvote 0

richardkra said:
When I got my 7d II with this rebate in January, the printers were listed at $100 on Craigslist and still not selling because so many people got the packages.I finally sold mine for $50. Wouldn't be surprised if this still the case.

This is what I see on CL all the time as well. ESPECIALLY when the printer is available as a bundle with paper and NO camera purchase is required. I bought one during a promo period like that, the printer arrived, I snatched the ink and print head, and chucked the printer in the garbage. $50 was my out of pocket expense after rebate. I would LOVE to be one of the people getting $150 for the printer. So, I assume, would everyone else... if you get what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011

The discounts started a few weeks ago, Canon Price Watch has a street price discount. Its 1169, only $30 off, but that's a indicator of things to come. Canon is apparently producing them at a high rate, and a surplus is building up.

I have bought from Buydig before, but prefer Adorama. Ask your dealer to match. They likely will.

Upvote 0

TeT

I am smiling because I am happy...
Feb 17, 2014

richardkra said:
TeT said:

Craigslist is wonky at best... BIN on eBay sold $150.00 all day long.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Printers-/1245/i.html?_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=canon+pixma+pro-100

The last two I sold shipped to Europe through eBay's global shipping program...

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011

Orangutan said:
jebrady03 said:
I snatched the ink and print head, and chucked the printer in the garbage.
Wow, what a waste! I can't imagine creating unnecessary trash like that just to save a few bucks.

Like it or not, that's the common action with those getting the deal. Printheads and ink are sold on ebay for more than a printer brings. They are easy to ship for a few bucks.

Others sell on Amazon or Craigslist for $100. Some sell the printer with no head or ink for a few dollars.

Canon is driving this activity by giving free printers to those who do not want or need them, so they get rid of them as best they can. After disposing of the printer and the rebate, you can save $300-$400.

I once bought a G1X with that type of deal, but better. After selling the stuff that came with it, my net as $150 for a $700 camera. I have not seen a deal that good since. Eventually, I sold the camera for $400 and upgraded to the G1X II.

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Orangutan said:
jebrady03 said:
I snatched the ink and print head, and chucked the printer in the garbage.
Wow, what a waste! I can't imagine creating unnecessary trash like that just to save a few bucks.

Like it or not, that's the common action with those getting the deal.
True, but I still feel entitled to say "but you shouldn't..."

Canon is driving this activity by giving free printers to those who do not want or need them
Also true, but I don't have to like it.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

Grummbeerbauer said:
The 80D is still 1249€ (that is ~1050€ before VAT) here, which at today's exchange rate is 1410/1185$...
And yep, that's without a printer. :mad:
Old-worlders being shafted, as usual.

and it's the same price normally through amazon,etc in NA.

cry harder about your corporate tax rates, stupid consumer laws, land cost, property taxes, employee benefits and salary, distribution costs, insurance, and all the other overhead that has to be passed on through local UK sales.

it's about as bad as canandians crying (and I'm canadian btw) about the price hikes there, even though everything in canada for canon canada to operate, pay employees, warranty support and service, and distribute cameras is far more expensive in canada then it ever would be in the USA.

Upvote 0