Crowdsourced R5 Shipment Tracker

Hard to say. Even if they were in their office looking at the ship bringing in the cameras they really couldn't say anything. They have no idea where the cameras will be allocated, etc... B&H and Adorama seem pretty confident that they're expecting their next shipment around the first of the month so I expect that's when we'll see them. I just hope those two don't suck up all the cameras again.

Ironically B&H at least seems to have received proportionally less cameras than others. I've read in multiple places that B&H have told people that they have been at the top of the waiting list without receiving any. Let's say they had 1,000 pre-orders. What would be considered 'top of the list'? If we leave the obvious answer where top of the list is actually the top of the list, giving them some slack, for me it would be maybe the top 25? For the benefit of the doubt lets say they felt it was the top 50, anything below that would be at best high on the list but certainly not top, right? I can't remember which store now, but someone mentioned a store receiving 39 units, which to me would indicate that a prominent, long term key player for Canon like B&H with likely most pre-orders of all (according to the spreadsheet) should have received at least 50 units.

There are only two conclusions, either Canon seriously short-changed B&H, or once the cameras arrived B&H allowed certain people like employees, VIPs, etc. to skip the line. This is their prerogative but ethically questionable.

Upvote 0
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, especially since your content doesn't seem trollish to me, and explain his skittishness.

We've been dealing with a lot of people coming here with brand new accounts to denounce the R5; at first it was the overheating, now it's claims the overheating is fake and just a way to "cripple hammer" the camera. Also I personally have seen a lot of people here I didn't recognize with very old accounts suddenly show up and am wondering if they got hacked, same story from those users. S*ny has been known in the past to send trolls onto other brands' users' fora. We had to wade through two weeks of the overheating argument infecting almost every single thread, even unrelated ones, before most of those people went away (there are still three or four of them here).

I don't get why you people keep saying that. Most of the new accounts are longtime lurkers like myself who can't keep quiet anymore. There's so much bullshit in this forum on both sides of the debate on this camera.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I don't get why you people keep saying that. Most of the new accounts are longtime lurkers like myself who can't keep quiet anymore. There's so much bullshit in this forum on both sides of the debate on this camera.
How would you know that most new accounts are long time lurkers? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
How would you know that most new accounts are long time lurkers? :unsure:

Lol. Some people just assume that everybody are like themselves.

However, the point in that case was that the brand new poster said he ordered an R5 from Canon two days ago and would get delivery in the week. That kind of raised a flag with those of use that have been on order for weeks, wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Lol. Some people just assume that everybody are like themselves.

However, the point in that case was that the brand new poster said he ordered an R5 from Canon two days ago and would get delivery in the week. That kind of raised a flag with those of use that have been on order for weeks, wouldn't you agree?
And yet here it is after ordering from Canon on 8/18.......I only placed my order there based upon seeing other feedback here...nothing sinister going on... There is however a level of arrogance in some of the "tin foil" hat conspiracy theorist on this board...but I'm grateful for the information shared more the less.
IMG_0339.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Just checking, does the camera come with a hot shoe cap? Most photos I have seen, seem to exclude it? As I am transitioning to Canon from Sony, I'm used to seeing the hot shoe covers come with the camera.

Only cameras with extra pins in the hot shoe get the cap included. From memory, that's only the EVF-less M series: M3, M6 and M6II.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Just checking, does the camera come with a hot shoe cap? Most photos I have seen, seem to exclude it? As I am transitioning to Canon from Sony, I'm used to seeing the hot shoe covers come with the camera.

Apparently that's not a part you can order, either; it's considered a bit of packaging. It seems like it could be a useful way to keep dust out.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Apparently that's not a part you can order, either; it's considered a bit of packaging. It seems like it could be a useful way to keep dust out.
I ordered 10 of them for €5 or so on aliexpress last year, shipping wasn’t free, otherwise it would’ve been €2.

It makes all cameras look a bit better dressed :)

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I ordered 10 of them for €5 or so on aliexpress last year, shipping wasn’t free, otherwise it would’ve been €2.

It makes all cameras look a bit better dressed :)

They do tend to slip out if you look at them crosseyed--at least the ones Canon uses do. But I am glad to know they're available. 10 would allow for spares, for when they do slip out.

Upvote 0
Nikon had one but I notice that this just isnt a Canon thing. I suppose I'd have lost mine many times by now.

Upvote 0
Just received this email from B&H today (ordered mine the day of the launch):

Canon R5 Order Update

In our email last week, we shared that Canon R5 preorders were very strong and Canon’s deliveries to US retailers have been extremely limited. We also promised to send regular updates.

Since that note, we have not received any R5 deliveries from Canon, but we have received an updated shipment schedule from Canon. Based on this new information, we expect to ship your order on or about September 16th.

We apologize that we previously said the camera would ship during the first week of September. Canon’s shipping schedule changed, and this is out of our hands. Your place in queue for the camera has not changed.

If anything changes, we will send an update. Once your order ships out you will receive an email with the tracking information. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

The launch of the new R5 has been incredibly well received and we know how excited people are to receive this new camera. We apologize for the continuing delay and schedule change. Please accept our sincere commitment that we are working hard to get you your camera to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
The B&H Team

Upvote 0

skp

5DIV, 7DII, 60D
CR Pro
Sep 20, 2014
Still no luck with the preorder I placed with my local brick and mortar store almost a week before the July 9th launch day, but in the meantime SmallRig went from announcing preorders for a cage to shipping to customers. I just got my cage today and test-fitted all the accessories I've been buying in anticipation of the R5. Only one thing missing now...

Attachments

• 20200831_125549.jpg
    20200831_125549.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0