Deal: X-Rite i1Display Pro $149 at B&H Photo

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>B&H Photo is currently selling the X-Rite i1Display Pro for $149 after an instant savings of $75 and a $25 mail-rebate. It looks like you have to add it to your cart to see the discounted price.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/798930-REG/X_Rite_EODIS3_i1Display_Pro.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296" target="_blank">X-Rite i1Display Pro $149</a> (Reg $249)</strong> after $75 instant and $25 MIR | <strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/123114_XRIT10_Consumer.pdf" target="_blank">Download mail-in rebate form</a></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
Re: Deal: X-Rite i1Display Pro $149 at B&H Photo

expatinasia said:
jdramirez said:
Scotchy scotchy scotch.

I would recommend the 16-year old Bushmills (not the 10, or 21 - only the 16-year old).

Not scotch, but one of the best whiskies in the world! Cheers! :p

I was having some Johnnie Walker black... not a special occasion, so the blue is spared. And it was good... and then I decided... I'm off to bed shortly... if I fall asleep at the couch, I don't want it the scotch to go to waste... so I poured myself some bourbon... some jack daniels (I couldn't remember the name... so I'm pretty close to calling it a night)... and my oh my... that is a different level of smooth... kinda like sand paper is a bit rougher than silk... but it's wet... and on the rocks...

As for scotch... I prefer glen livet... just a preference... but l'm out. So I make do.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

petrhino said:
Any idea how helpful this calibration is for an iMac?

If you are interested in accurate colour and you print, it is essential. If you don't print and put most of your images online it doesn't make much difference over the inbuilt monitor calibration in System Preferences.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

WillT said:
I read somewhere else the software with this is horrible and that the ColorMunki may be a better choice as it is the same sensor. Can anyone offer any insight?

The ColorMunki Display is the same hardware, the ColorMunki Photo Color Management Solution is not the same hardware.

The software for the ColorMunki Display is very simple and straightforwards, if you only use one screen on your computer I would suggest that. The software that comes with the i1Display Pro is more advanced than the ColorMunki Display version, it is faster to make a profile (the cheaper version is deliberately throttled) and it works well if you run two monitors on the same computer.

Given the choice I'd go for the i1Display Pro offer, but the cheaper ColorMunki Display is more than adequate for virtually all users.

Upvote 0

WillT said:
I read somewhere else the software with this is horrible and that the ColorMunki may be a better choice as it is the same sensor. Can anyone offer any insight?

The i1 software isn't as intuitive as it could be, but once you figure it out it works seamlessly.

Jim

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011

Woody said:
Tempting...

I bit... but that's because I have 2 monitors, a 23/24 inch led viewsonic montor and a 39" led panasonic tv... and they both look really off... so as of late, I haven't been adjusting the color... just the contrast, cropping, grain... etc... and so hopefully it's fine... but frustrating.

Upvote 0

jdramirez said:
Woody said:
Tempting...

I bit... but that's because I have 2 monitors, a 23/24 inch led viewsonic montor and a 39" led panasonic tv... and they both look really off... so as of late, I haven't been adjusting the color... just the contrast, cropping, grain... etc... and so hopefully it's fine... but frustrating.

Unless something has changed you'll need each display on its own display adapter even if your adapter can drive more than one display; as I understand it most adapters only have one lookup table for all their outputs.

Jim

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011

Jim Saunders said:
jdramirez said:
Woody said:
Tempting...

Unless something has changed you'll need each display on its own display adapter even if your adapter can drive more than one display; as I understand it most adapters only have one lookup table for all their outputs.

Jim

I'm going to ignore one of my monitors. So the adjustment for one should be universal for both... That's my plan at least.

Upvote 0