Discontinued Sigma Lenses

Mar 25, 2011
Everyone is affected by slowing camera and lens sales. The companies also have to deal with the deluge of mirrorless bodies expected to flood the market. Its sad, but a buyer can get hit with a recent lens that can't get support or repair after just a few years. It happened to me with Sigma which is why I avoid them.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Everyone is affected by slowing camera and lens sales. The companies also have to deal with the deluge of mirrorless bodies expected to flood the market. Its sad, but a buyer can get hit with a recent lens that can't get support or repair after just a few years. It happened to me with Sigma which is why I avoid them.
Still EF mount is one constant in the whole sea of MILC mounts. I know the horrible Sigma QC(due to 150-500mm OS) but somehow the Macro lenses in general seem to have better QC. Also Sigma was the only one who offered image stabilized 180/200mm class of macro. I really hope if Sigma doesnt update their current macro for SLR mount we get MILC macros for Rf mount.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
180 Art, RF mount would get me to buy a R or RP. Unless it has the fiddly focus-by-wire that the 70mm Art has.
True, also since its going to be dedicated macro wouldnt mind if Sigma were to make it f4 to save on weight. That old 180mm f2.8 is quite heavy lens to lug around in field.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0