Dragonflies and Damselflies

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Hi Jack.
In my opinion, this is one of the coolest shots of what appears to be almost the instant this critter changed state! Very nice.

Cheers, Graham.
Thanks Graham, it was indeed happening right then but for some reason I can't recall I missed the critical shots. Isn't it often that way! We weren't really taking it too seriously. ;) Sadly Wayne left this world not too long afterwards and I miss his comradeship as shooting buddies.

Attachments

• YumYum.JPG
    YumYum.JPG
    839.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice series, Jack.
d055.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
That's my take on trying to ID my Costa Rica birds. The processing was easier than the ID. Of course if it's a toucan ...;) I don't recall one dragonfly.:confused:

Jack
We all have our limits Jack!
Well, concerning the processing - it's about the same here:D! ID is in many cases almost impossible from single shot... With your photos in the pass it was easier only because they (the birds) where expected for that areas!

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I am still trying to distinguish a Chestnut mandibled Toucan from a Choco Toucan in some of my photos!

It's easier in Costa Rica, at least for Toucans.:giggle: I was getting so desparate with the hummers that I started a text document where I listed each and then pasted in many varied photos taken off the internet since my book just didn't have enough angles etc.!

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0