DXO apologizes, corrects 1DX3 test results and rating

StoicalEtcher

CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Yorkshire
Wow - that's some retraction!

At least they've had the guts to admit it, but it does make you wonder about how they concoct it in the first place! Even more reason to doubt the 'score' (as opposed perhaps to the review).

As Mt Spokane has said while I've typed this (!) : not a surprise when you have a secret recipe that no-one else can audit in the first place.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

domo_p1000

EOS-1D X MkIII | EOS-1D X MkII
CR Pro
Aug 22, 2013
Missed by many, I am sure (DXOMARK probably launched this deliberately to be hidden by the other Canon news):
"Please Note: A previous version of this review, published June 19, 2020, contained erroneous test data that affected the scoring. This new version of the review contains the correct data and scores. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused Canon and our readers."
They have not issued a new report, just changed some words and the numbers...

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
I guess even the Wizard of Oz pulls the wrong lever every once in a while.

Whatever, DXOMARK is the height of comparing specs on paper while totally ignoring real world performance. It's nice to look at, but I wouldn't put a ton of weight into it. It's a small part of the larger picture of how a camera actually performs.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

Well at least they did it quicker and more publicly this time. Though I don't believe a word they say about the excuse.

Upvote 0