A lot of professional photographers included me feel enuff from Canon that they stubborn focused on junk mirrorless and overpriced RF lenses. We need upgrades 5D series included 5DS R Mark II. Where is overdue for EF 24-70mm f/2.8 IS USM L series lens? Also EF 200-600mm L series lens? The problem with Canon focuses on R bodies and RF lenses that gave out a lot of trouble-prone to customers. Unfortunately, they designed not for professional photographers. Kudos to Nikon for next-generation D6 DSLR camera. According to people opinion about R bodies and RF, lenses were very low but gave the highest-ranking to DSLR. Canon, it is time to give up stubborn and restore DSLR and EF immediately.

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
I’m still amazed at the number of people that believe complaining about Canon cameras here has any effect, surely after 3 years visiting CR you are aware that you will get just as far complaining about Canon cameras to Nikon as you will complaining here! A fools errand? :rolleyes:
Perhaps an email or letter directly to Canon would be a better idea! :unsure:

Cheers, Graham.

A lot of professional photographers included me feel enuff from Canon that they stubborn focused on junk mirrorless and overpriced RF lenses. We need upgrades 5D series included 5DS R Mark II. Where is overdue for EF 24-70mm f/2.8 IS USM L series lens? Also EF 200-600mm L series lens? The problem with Canon focuses on R bodies and RF lenses that gave out a lot of trouble-prone to customers. Unfortunately, they designed not for professional photographers. Kudos to Nikon for next-generation D6 DSLR camera. According to people opinion about R bodies and RF, lenses were very low but gave the highest-ranking to DSLR. Canon, it is time to give up stubborn and restore DSLR and EF immediately.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Resources are limited! R&D resources, too.

For ... how many years? ... (some) people complained about DSLR being a dead horse and Canon should do like Sony does.
Now, as Canon does, the DSLR people (I am one of those wanting a 5D5) come and tell the other way around. And they have said that in the past, too.

As stated above by Valvebounce Canon is not making decisions based on a gear head forum like this but on market researches.
And if Canon is making a move like we see throughout the last year (EOS R/RP, RF) I think it is not likely to believe that what you've demanded above will ever come.

But Nikon is turning into the same direction - with presumably even less resources.
And even if you mention the D6 it is also said here that a 1DX3 is around the corner, so...
Nikon has some better Nikkors here Canon some better EF there, but I don't see both them with big old lens system releases in the near future - if ever again.

So where do you think you should turn to, if Canon is not reacting immediately on your post here?

And much more important:
Where is the current gear available really limiting you that much, that you need, that you urge to change brand if Canon is not delivering exactly that one piece of equipment that fulfills your individual requirement specification?

Or is this yet another
Here we go again. :rolleyes:
and "the grass is always greener..." rant?

Edit: corrected some typos

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Resources are limited! R&D resources, too.

For ... how many years? ... (some) people complained about DSLR being a dead horse and Canon should do like Sony does.
Now, as Canon does, the DSLR people (I am one of those wanting a 5D5) come and tell the other way around. And they have said that in the past, too.

As stated above by Valvebounce Canon is not making decisions based on a gear head forum like this but on market researches.
And if Canon is making a move like we see throughout the last year (EOS R/RP, RF) I think it is not likely to believe that what you've demanded above will ever come.

But Nikon is turning into the same direction - with presumably even less resources.
And even it you mention the D6 it is also said here that a 1DX3 is around the corner, so...
Nikon has some better Nikkors here Canon some better EF there, but I don't see both them with big old lens system releases in the near future - if ever again.

So where do you think you should turn to, if Canon is not reacting immediately on your post here?

And much more important:
Where is the current gear available really limiting you that much, that you need, that you urge to change brand if Canon is not delivering exactly that one peace of equipment that fulfills your individual requirement specification?

Or is this yet another
and "the grass is always greener..." rant?
Mummy, I want everything at once.
If I don't get it in a minute, I'll cry ! (and jump ship...)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0