EOS-1D X Mark II in Final Preproduction Form

Jan 29, 2011
plam_1980 said:
massive said:
privatebydesign said:
massive said:
plam_1980 said:
Doesn't anyone know when do some NDAs expire, it will be a hint. Come on, someone???

we do, but we aren't allowed to say - yet

Hang on, one minute you ask about if the 1Ds MkIII or 5DSR would be a better buy for your "predominantly shooting landscapes, with occasional studio fashion/portraiture
so low ISO almost always"
, the next you claim to have already tested, and written up your test results on the 1DX MkII. BullS___, my friend, bullS___.

lol

I was making a joke about being under an NDA and not being able to talk about the NDA - the first rule of NDA is.....

jeez

Obviously he was trying to answer someone else and maybe hit the wrong "reply" button.

As to your answer - yes, NDAs probably do not allow to talk about NDAs end date too :) but I suppose at least this is easier to leak, and less harmful. As far as I remember, before 1D X was announced, there were a lot of rumors here about the ending date of some big NDA. I hope the same will happen again but I am worried that there is nothing new with regards to 1D X Mark II

No, I was replying to massive.

He has made the same "joke" twice, the first time he actually got a serious reply from another poster so posting essentially the same thing without context implies he is disillusion rather than an amusement filled Fight Club fan. It is hard to claim the "joke" card when you don't use any emoticons, but whatever. The problem is if you don't then saying something like that here is kinda like shouting fire in a movie theater, it sounds like a good idea at the time but with hindsight really isn't and you will get called out for it.

Upvote 0
privatebydesign said:
plam_1980 said:
massive said:
privatebydesign said:
massive said:
plam_1980 said:
Doesn't anyone know when do some NDAs expire, it will be a hint. Come on, someone???

Hang on, one minute you ask about if the 1Ds MkIII or 5DSR would be a better buy for your "predominantly shooting landscapes, with occasional studio fashion/portraiture
, the next you claim to have already tested, and written up your test results on the 1DX MkII. BullS___, my friend, bullS___.

lol

I was making a joke about being under an NDA and not being able to talk about the NDA - the first rule of NDA is.....

jeez

Obviously he was trying to answer someone else and maybe hit the wrong "reply" button.

As to your answer - yes, NDAs probably do not allow to talk about NDAs end date too :) but I suppose at least this is easier to leak, and less harmful. As far as I remember, before 1D X was announced, there were a lot of rumors here about the ending date of some big NDA. I hope the same will happen again but I am worried that there is nothing new with regards to 1D X Mark II

He has made the same "joke" twice, the first time he actually got a serious reply from another poster so posting essentially the same thing without context implies he is disillusion rather than an amusement filled Fight Club fan. It is hard to claim the "joke" card when you don't use any emoticons, but whatever.The problem is if you don't then saying something like that here is kinda like shouting fire in a movie theater, it sounds like a good idea at the time but with hindsight really isn't and you will get called out for it.

wow, is it really?

total sense of humor failure here I think. You dont think you're taking things a little too seriously?

oh sorry - ;)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
massive said:
privatebydesign said:
plam_1980 said:
massive said:
privatebydesign said:
massive said:
plam_1980 said:

lol

jeez

He has made the same "joke" twice, the first time he actually got a serious reply from another poster so posting essentially the same thing without context implies he is disillusion rather than an amusement filled Fight Club fan. It is hard to claim the "joke" card when you don't use any emoticons, but whatever.The problem is if you don't then saying something like that here is kinda like shouting fire in a movie theater, it sounds like a good idea at the time but with hindsight really isn't and you will get called out for it.

wow, is it really?

total sense of humor failure here I think. You dont think you're taking things a little too seriously?

oh sorry - ;)

I apologise, I took what you said on face value because you gave no indication not to. You didn't claim you were 'joking' last time, why would I assume you were this time?

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
sigh said:
krautland said:
anyone at Photokina? it started yesterday but I have heard no canon news from there, wonder when their presentation is. Perhaps we'll be getting the Mark II there. Would be a great place.

Photokina occurs every two years. The last one was in 2014 and the next one is scheduled for September 2016.

As 2016 is an Olympic year, i'm 100% certain that the 1DX2 will be announced and shipped to customers in time for Aug 2016, along with a few new big white teles(EF600 F4 DO, EF300-600 f5.6 1.4 Extender)

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
krautland said:
Meatcurry said:
EF300-600 f5.6 1.4 Extender

would you want that lens? seems to me that at 600mm or even 1200mm it would be all but useless at shutter speeds slower than 1/300th to 1/600th. combine that with f5.6 and a whole lotta sports are in ISO ranges I am not comfortable with.

Maybe not but Canon patented it, http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=18449.0
Maybe a better approach would the 200-400 with switchable x1.4 and x2 extender?

Upvote 0
For now, even with a 1DX shooting sports at 5.6 then losing a stop to 7.0 is out of the question. No way to recover shadows and blacks if we have to push to 1/2000 it won't be recoverable for commercial work. Add even another stop with a built in 2X TC vs. 1.4 TC and it's even worse. 2.8 at distances has great focus, 4.0 still fast enough if you have GREAT light if you're sports shooter and need 1/2000. Anything beyond that is not in a piece of equipment I'm aware of. If Canon has the capacity to manufacture a camera body that can shoot at 5000 ISO with no noise for commercial work .... I wish they would share that with us. As that lens you're talking about would need every bit of that to get us to 1/2000 at 5.6 or 7 even with great light. I would rather spend the money on great glass at 2.8 or 4.0 at the focal length I need and shoot with two bodies if I have to. Only if you're just concerned with quality. Can't wait to see the NEW coatings Canon is talking about that will remove all color distortions..... It seems like a big deal to me and others if this is true..... we'll see...

Meatcurry said:
krautland said:
Meatcurry said:
EF300-600 f5.6 1.4 Extender

would you want that lens? seems to me that at 600mm or even 1200mm it would be all but useless at shutter speeds slower than 1/300th to 1/600th. combine that with f5.6 and a whole lotta sports are in ISO ranges I am not comfortable with.

Maybe not but Canon patented it, http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=18449.0

Upvote 0
Meatcurry said:

yeah, I shoot with the 400mm f2.8 LII and I don't even like putting an x2 extender on that anymore unless I absolutely have to. people say a lot of nice things about the 200-400 but at f4 it was really something I struggled justifying. Someone else wrote 1/2000th was their cutoff for sports photography. I don't disagree with that.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Canon Rumors said:
<p>We’re told the EOS-1D X Mark II is now in its final preproduction form. The camera is currently being used by various photographers around the globe for marketing material.</p>
<p>No specifications have leaked out yet, but the camera appears to be arriving quite soon.</p>
<p>I wish we could say more, but stay tuned…</p>

I wish i could say more -- does that imply that more is known ..

Upvote 0