EOS 40D and 50D Photos... recent trip of Charleston

I believe 50D is a great investment specially during our journey initial part of the learning curve. Just keep shooting.

Now I have created/assembled a macro rig for myself and am expecting to post some macro photos soon.

PS: never used the 17-85 lens, but read that it is slightly worse than the 15-85 that it was later modified into. But still a little post processing will probably take out those small shortcomings. For example some of these photos of mine were taken by a Tokina 12-24 f/4 DX which no one seems to talk/care about. :)

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
40D awesome. 50D... 50% more pixels with the same tech = very noisy, IQ is better on the 40D but better spec in the 50 (screen res, AFMA etc). The 17-85mm probably the worst lens I have ever had. Kept it for a long time because I was a student and couldn't afford the 17-55mm. Its poor everywhere it counts. Bought the 17-55mm after uni its a huge upgrade. Then 24-105mm on FF is comparable.

Upvote 0
Canihaspicture said:
I like the pics composition-wise, my only criticism is the harsh contrast and resulting over-saturation. When doing post sometimes you look at a pic for too long and don't notice you may have over done it a bit. I like to adjust the pic then come back later to re-evaluate.

That is a good suggestion, thank you. I will try that now.

Upvote 0