EOS 5D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Available

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Jamesy said:
Dave_NYC said:
Got around to updating today (didn't want to before, had a couple of gigs imminent). So far, straight YN565 on the camera, and YN622/YN565 mix are behaving as expected. Exposure is good, communication good in terms of changing settings etc. I have some other shots I want to do later this week, if I run into problems with settings or my my 568 flashes, I'll drop a note back in here.

I have a Meike grip and 3rd party batts (Opteka) are behaving the same as before - when inserting new ones, I get the message about irregular communication, and a blinking battery LED (the latter every time I turn on the camera) but after taking the first shot I get accurate battery capacity readings.

@Dave - thanks very much for reporting back. I am in the middle of a product shoot and cannot risk it but will try to upgrade in the next week or so.

Is there a way to save the existing firmware out of the camera to support a future downgrade in the event the upgrade turns my camera 'pear shaped'? Also, does the upgrade wipe the camera settings or are they retained?

Admittedly I have only done an upgrade once with my 40D and it went well so there was no need to revert back to the earlier firmware.
If you had downloaded an earlier version, you can rewind back to that one. All the versions Canon puts out are complete. Unfortunately Canon USA has removed the firmware version 1.2.1 in the last two days.

Upvote 0
rpt said:
Jamesy said:
Is there a way to save the existing firmware out of the camera to support a future downgrade in the event the upgrade turns my camera 'pear shaped'? Also, does the upgrade wipe the camera settings or are they retained?

Admittedly I have only done an upgrade once with my 40D and it went well so there was no need to revert back to the earlier firmware.
If you had downloaded an earlier version, you can rewind back to that one. All the versions Canon puts out are complete. Unfortunately Canon USA has removed the firmware version 1.2.1 in the last two days.

These links might be useful:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27313056/eos5d3-v113-win.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27313056/eos5d3-v121-win.zip

Upvote 0