EOS R3

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
B&H by default only charges your CC when ready to ship - unless one is using Paypal and something else I can't recall right now. So even if you placed an order with several items, if was not specified to hold till all items are available, they might send them out as soon as ready.....
I am getting the EF2RF adapter, but no need it to get without camera - opted to get it all at same time

Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
The ST-E10 I also ordered still shows ‘order placed’. I wonder if those came in as well? I ordered that a couple of hours later. I suppose B&H would rather pack and charge people for $6,000 items than $120 items. Priorities.
Just FYI other accessories I ordered for the R3 on the same day are shown are backorder so maybe R3s are in stock, but the accessories are arriving later.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Just FYI other accessories I ordered for the R3 on the same day are shown are backorder so maybe R3s are in stock, but the accessories are arriving later.
Canon USA shows the same 11/26 ship date for the ST-E10 as for the R3. My guess is B&H got an allotment of the accessories, but they’ve chosen to pack up (and more importantly, charge cards) for the big-ticket item first.

Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Canon USA shows the same 11/26 ship date for the ST-E10 as for the R3. My guess is B&H got an allotment of the accessories, but they’ve chosen to pack up (and more importantly, charge cards) for the big-ticket item first.
Thank you for the update. I do hope the accessories arrive in a reasonable time frame as well.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Adorama says manufacturer will start shipping the ST-E10 on Nov. 30, but that's what they also say for the R3. It is possible that Canon prioritized shipment of the R3 over the ST-E10 or that the ST-E10 is shipping from the country where it is being manufactured, which is probably not be the same as where the R3 is being made. Not necessarily a B&H issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
As did I, though ‘shipped’ just means a label printed. I suspect cameras won’t actually get into FedEx’s hands until Friday.
Yeah. Shipped. Estimated arrival is Monday. But, no tracking yet, which usually means they've filled out the paperwork but it isn't yet in Fed Ex's hands.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Shipped. Estimated arrival is Monday. But, no tracking yet, which usually means they've filled out the paperwork but it isn't yet in Fed Ex's hands.
Same here, but with an estimated arrival of Sunday. I’m not thrilled about that because there will be a few hours on Sunday where I will not be home to sign.

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Adorama just placed a charge on my card yesterday on the 24th for the EOS R3. I was concerned that their website shows "November 30th" but I'm now wondering if that's the expected date they'll get them to people if they ship them on November 26.

I would hope that the random charge means that they have received it and are beginning to prepare the orders for shipment tomorrow, but I guess we'll just have to see.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
As did I, though ‘shipped’ just means a label printed. I suspect cameras won’t actually get into FedEx’s hands until Friday.
I got the email that B&H had shipped my R3 around 10pm yesterday. I checked Fedex and ETA was Monday. They didn't have the package yet and, being so late, I figured like you that Fedex wouldn't get it until Friday. This morning I got surprise #2 and Fedex has it, it's made the first hop, and ETA is now Friday. That's perfect, I'll have it for a quick road trip to Chincoteague NWR this weekend to (hopefully) capture snow geese on their way south.

PS - if there are actually any snow geese there would be surprise #3...it's been a few years since I've seen them go through that area. If not, it's just herons, egrets, cormorants and sometimes you can catch the eagle pair that's been nesting there for years.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Just heard from a reliable source that the R3 Will NOT be shipping until January 26th, 2022!
My order was placed in mid october at an Australian retailer and they don’t expect stock until early 2022. They haven’t had any estimates from canon but also told me previously a week ago they had received an email from canon advising a second email would be sent to advise on when stock would arrive. I think perhaps I harassed my local camera shop too much they’ve told me early 2022 to get me off their back, I am unsure. A few other Aussie retailers have estimates of Nov 30 on their website which coincides with another persons comment here. Patience my friends

Upvote 0
My order was placed in mid october at an Australian retailer and they don’t expect stock until early 2022. They haven’t had any estimates from canon but also told me previously a week ago they had received an email from canon advising a second email would be sent to advise on when stock would arrive. I think perhaps I harassed my local camera shop too much they’ve told me early 2022 to get me off their back, I am unsure. A few other Aussie retailers have estimates of Nov 30 on their website which coincides with another persons comment here. Patience my friends
I drove to the shop here in Denmark, and they had indeed gotten a few R3 cameras - all gone to the pre-order list, and they had no idea when they would get more, much to their (and my) frustration. I'm about 10% down their original pre-order list, and didn't get a camera.
The salesperson told me that they often only know a couple of days in advance what they will get, when they get an invoice from Canon Denmark.

Unfortunately, Canon are not alone in this game - he mentioned a Japanese printer brand where they had to tell a customer "we don't know when we'll get stock" only to receive 11 pieces the day after(!).

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Adorama just shipped my R3 an hour or two ago. The website still says "shipping 11/30" which is strange, but mine is coming Monday most likely.

I'm guessing they put a pessimistic date on it to avoid disappointing people if there was a shipping delay like what happened with the RF 16mm f2.8. It definitely changed a few weeks after pre-orders opened

Upvote 0
You can have it held for pickup at a nearby FedEx location (using fedex.com).
Thanks Neuro. FedEx actually texted me yesterday and changed my delivery date from Monday to today. A welcomed surprise.
All day long their website indicated delivery today...until 6:45pm when it changed to “Delivery Pending”, of course. I called them to voice my frustration...and got my money’s worth...especially after learning that per B&H, holding for pickup is not allowed for “security reasons”. I was told that in order to have it held for pickup I would have to call B&H and ask them to authorize it.
I don’t usually get all that excited about new camera bodies, but when I thought I would receive it today, that changed.
Oh well. Monday it is.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Thanks Neuro. FedEx actually texted me yesterday and changed my delivery date from Monday to today. A welcomed surprise.
All day long their website indicated delivery today...until 6:45pm when it changed to “Delivery Pending”, of course. I called them to voice my frustration...and got my money’s worth...especially after learning that per B&H, holding for pickup is not allowed for “security reasons”. I was told that in order to have it held for pickup I would have to call B&H and ask them to authorize it.
I don’t usually get all that excited about new camera bodies, but when I thought I would receive it today, that changed.
Oh well. Monday it is.
That's precisely what happened to me. Could be worse, but on the bright side I'll have all week to tinker with it before taking a good test drive next weekend - instead of just a couple hours and fumbling on the trails tomorrow.

Upvote 0