EOS R7 Question

I have my R7 for 2 weeks now (my first mirror-less).

I don't know if I have a problem or not. I happened to put the R7 body against my ear and discovered that there is a noise coming from the camera - difficult to describe the noise. It is definitely not my ears, my daughter can also hear it.

Could any other R7 owner check this out and let me know if you hear any noise?

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have my R7 for 2 weeks now (my first mirror-less).

I don't know if I have a problem or not. I happened to put the R7 body against my ear and discovered that there is a noise coming from the camera - difficult to describe the noise. It is definitely not my ears, my daughter can also hear it.

Could any other R7 owner check this out and let me know if you hear any noise?
What lens do you have on it? Is the camera in sleep mode or is it actively on?

Upvote 0
Just checked with a non-IS lens, and an IS lens with IS turned off. There is a slight noise when held against the ear when there is an image in the viewfinder, which goes away when the image goes off in sleep mode.
I only have EF lenses. I have tested IS and non-IS.
No matter the camera settings, or lens, the noise is constantly there - during image playback, focusing to take a picture, and even when any menu item is displayed on the screen. The noise only goes away when the camera goes into sleep mode.
I tried contacting our Canon suppliers because I wanted to go and compare mine with one of their demo models, but because South Africa had a delay in shipments, as soon as the cameras come in they are shipped out to fill prepaid orders.
No supplier has a spare camera for demo purposes (even the Canon authorised repair centre) - so can't check if the noise exists on a demo model.

Upvote 0