Exclusive Deal: Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ART

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>Adorama is giving Canon Rumors readers a 10% discount this weekend on the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ART series lens. This deal will expire on Sunday night.</p>
<p class="p1"><span class="s1">Use this Coupon code at checkout: CRLENSADRM</span></p>
<p class="p1">Coupon Price: $719 (10% off reg. price) + free expedited shipping in the USA.</p>
<p class="p1"><strong><a href="http://www.adorama.com/SG1835DCEOS.html?kbid=64393" onclick="__gaTracker('send', 'event', 'outbound-article', 'http://www.adorama.com/SG1835DCEOS.html?kbid=64393', 'Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ART $719');" target="_blank">Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ART $719</a></strong> (Reg $799)</p>

It is not a lens I need or want, but I think it is great that Adorama is working more closely with Canon Rumors.

I am really beginning to favour Adorama over B&H which I traditionally use, mainly because of Adorama's cheaper international shipping but also because occasionally Helen (it is Helen right?) pops her head into the forums to give some feedback.

Great news, keep it up Adorama. Good job!

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
expatinasia said:
I am really beginning to favour Adorama over B&H which I traditionally use,

A few times recently, Adorama has had what I wanted in stock, while B&H was out.

True. BH is perpetually out of stock on various items. But they have lots other stuff in their inventory and so I deal with them. Eg. Apple products. I will buy a laptop in few days and Adorama has none. Apple direct charges lots of tax.

Upvote 0
This temps me to replace my 35 2.0 IS and 10-18 with this. I really like the way Sigma renders colors/contrast and I think I'm sticking with crop sensors for now. I do like UWA, but don't use it much.
I originally dismissed this because it's BIG, but when traveling I now use my EOS M so a large lens isn't as much of an issue.
Yes?

Upvote 0
I use it on my crop camera, and also on my full frame. It's a hard-to-beat 28-35mm lens on full frame. It is on par with my Sigma 50mm Art. Do get the dock and do the full MFA at the various distances.

Sigma must have made too many of them in their four-month production cycle that they reportedly use to be letting them go at the discount. Not too long ago they were hard to find.

It's almost always on my 7D2 when my longer lens isn't affixed.

Upvote 0
Its the sharpest zoom you can get for a crop camera and as the previous poster pointed out its great on ff at 35mm too.

Mine has massive af problems. I would have exchanged it but I bought it from digitalrev. their return policy is bullshit. They stalled me then said it was too late and that only unopened items can be returned. I used the dock on it to get it the best I can but it still has issues, I use live view if the shot has to count because you can't trust the regular af.

Its a hit and miss with this lens, lf you can get one that focuses right then it can't be beat. Adorama has a good return policy.

Upvote 0