Fashion Girl picture test with Dynalite Ringflash 3200w

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Maui5150 said:
RLPhoto said:
Oooooo. :eek: Fancy...

How's the color compare to the AB-Ring flash?

Does color matter? This is analogous to comparing a 7D to a 1Dx

i.e. Dynalite around $2K or more and the AB at $400

Color matters. Generally all analog studio strobes color shift @ different power levels. ABs are terrible offenders and simply asked how a 2K dynalite performs.

Upvote 0
For the AB ringflash i never have chance to try, with the Dynalite i working between 800w and 1000w
the Danylight ringflash its very similar to Multiblitz ringflash
for the weight is not a big matter with 24-105mm maybe with the 70-200mm f2.8 is better to work with tripod
The 7D make a really good job in studio when i need more detail i take medium format 6x8 fuji 680 gx iii
or Rz 67 its the key for take near 200milions px.

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
Maui5150 said:
RLPhoto said:

Color matters. Generally all analog studio strobes color shift @ different power levels. ABs are terrible offenders and simply asked how a 2K dynalite performs.

Not arguing that... Arguing does it really matter since the comparison merits a 500% price difference.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Maui5150 said:
RLPhoto said:
Maui5150 said:
RLPhoto said:

Not arguing that... Arguing does it really matter since the comparison merits a 500% price difference.

yes, It does matter.

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2012
My experience between AB, Einstein, Hensel, Bowens, Norman and assorted Chinese strobes was that the color was virtually identical at medium to full power with color shifting on all (except Einstein) as the power went below about 1/4 or 1/8.
For almost all my work I need higher outputs so the color shift is not really an issue.
The differences for me lay in size, modifier mount and maximum output.

The ABs are great value but I note inconsistent output at low settings. I also do not like the mounts but otherwise a great tool.
I have friends with Dynalite and have admired the compactness and quality of the units. They are very happy with the quality of light.

A note that I would make is that the ringlight is rated at 3200Ws maximum INPUT. The images above were powered by the 2000 Ws power pack. It is no slouch but it does not deliver 3200Ws.

Upvote 0