Few 1DXII samples

Mostly at higher ISO, converted with DPP4.4.20.0, no noise reduction, no sharpening. ISO25600 looks truly amazing to me! EXIF is preserved.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wbmdol71rqeqr/1DXII

UPDATE: After playing little bit more with the files, I've added files with color NR applied (filename starts with NR). I wouldn't hesitate to use ISO25600 with this camera!

.zip file download from another site, in case of hassle with ads on mediafire:
- no NR applied - http://ulozto.net/x8HkLqQp/1dxiijpg-zip
- color NR applied - http://ulozto.net/xgAjsoQo/1dxiinr-zip

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
BRunner said:
Mostly at higher ISO, converted with DPP4.4.20.0, no noise reduction, no sharpening. ISO25600 looks truly amazing to me!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wbmdol71rqeqr/1DXII

Thanks for the images. Please post more, different venues and genres. Also, what are your impressions of the camera now that you have used it? How does it compare to I?

sek

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
thanks....
these are fun..
...just a quick look....
I am already glad I ordered the 1Dx this cycle.. missed the 1 series..
I am ready to get mine
I will have mine the day they ship US

/////////////

I have 5D3... I see...about... 2 stops better noise in 1dx2

some
25,000 iso looks like 4000 or 5000 .. on the 5D3...

/////

this camera will work well with the 35L II...
I had sigma...35 art which was an excellent lens...this is an improvement... in all things..
colors, sharp-edge, bokeh..speed to get focus (where sigma was a little less performing)

so this iso topic means something to me
...especially with a fast lens..

club shots of musicians will be more fun now...
with 35L II and 85L II

Upvote 0
scottkinfw said:
Thanks for the images. Please post more, different venues and genres. Also, what are your impressions of the camera now that you have used it? How does it compare to I?

sek

Unfortunately I had only ~5 minutes to play with the camera. As 1DsIII and 1DIV owner, most of the time I've spend fighting the slightly different button layout and completely new to me AF system ::)

Upvote 0
zim said:
Appreciate the efforts BR but I've given up on that mediafire site, can't download anything and it's trying to put advertising garbage on my machine, not impressed with that.

Sorry, I use AdBlock, I don't see the ads... Anyway here is .zip download from another site, hope this will work better http://ulozto.net/x8HkLqQp/1dxiijpg-zip

Upvote 0
The lack of pattern noise is very promising, with some color NR applied even the ISO 51200 file cleans up nicely in DPP.

nrrxj63.jpg

51200nrcnj5a.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't see this very promising, a friend tried while ina trip a Nikon D750 that has more resolution and is not a just released camera and has better quality even at 51.200 on a less than ideal light.

With more light, the 1Dx mk II should have better noise handling than what I am seeing here, if Canon doesn't develop better sensores, I think they should state their cameras are only for "Daylight" photography.

Upvote 0
ehouli said:
I don't see this very promising, a friend tried while ina trip a Nikon D750 that has more resolution and is not a just released camera and has better quality even at 51.200 on a less than ideal light.

With more light, the 1Dx mk II should have better noise handling than what I am seeing here, if Canon doesn't develop better sensores, I think they should state their cameras are only for "Daylight" photography.

Got some samples/comparisons to back that up? If you think these results are useless for anything other than daylight photography, then you can't have done much photography in poor light.

Upvote 0
These original pics don't have noise reduction so I'm hoping the noise reduction in-camera is as great as the 6D or better with the new processor. I find 12800 iso just about useable on the 6D and have been hoping the 1dx2 I've preordered will have 2 stops over the 6D as I believe the 1dx had one stop over it. Anyway I'm hoping for 51200 to be the max useable, which isn't represented by these noisy examples but hopefully the in-camera noise reduction on the production model will make it happen!

Upvote 0
ehouli said:

Sorry but, I see different picture. Even 3 years old 1DX is better at ISO51200 than D750 (RAW samples from imaging-resource.com). The 1DXII shows slightly more luminance noise, but color noise is less blotchy, finer and more naturally distributed, without patterns. It will respond much better to noise reduction.

d750vs1dx1ijzx.jpg

Upvote 0
karmal67 said:
But in fact, how do you say certain things the 1dxii and better than the test cameras .. all is to see how it behaves with raw ... I'm sure it will be even better

If you read my first post, all these samples are processed from RAW with Canon Digital Photo Professional 4.4.20. After third party RAW converters get full support of 1DXII, I expect even better results. But even now, it's possible to say, that this camera is better than 1DX at all ISOs. See my low ISO comparison here:
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=29425.0

Upvote 0

JMZawodny

1Dx2, 7D2 and lots of wonderful glass!
Sep 19, 2014
Virginia
Joe.Zawodny.com
Thanks for the samples. Looking back at some of the RAW ISO 6400 images I've taken with my 5D2, it appears that the 1Dx2 at ISO 25600 has no more noise. It is difficult to judge the quality accurately since the photos are of completely different subjects and the 1Dx2 may be more than 2 stops better (I suspect it is, but not a full 3 stops better). It will be interesting to compare them side by side this summer in a controlled test and crunch the raw data to produce quantitative metrics of performance.

Upvote 0