Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.4.0, this is a major firmware update (Update: Firmware removed)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Update: Canon USA has removed the link and firmware notes for version 1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R. The release date looks to be September 26, 2019.
Canon has released new firmware for the Canon EOS R. This is a major firmware update with a lot of autofocus updates and bug fixes.
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting.
Fixes PTP communication vulnerability...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The 26 of September is when we should be able to get our hands on the new RF lens so it makes sense. I'm waiting for a confirmation for the date I should get my RF 24-70... I really hope it's going to be the 26 because I'm doing a big job (calendar+magazine) in Mexico and i'm leaving the 30th with 12 gorgeous girls!!! So that's going to give me the chance to test out the lens and the firmware extensively! crossing my fingers for this one!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2012
Q
Canon fanboys have been taking a page out of the Fuji fanboys' playbook claiming that a firmware update will dramatically improve their lackluster camera.

1.4.0 obviously had some bugs if they pulled it along with the firmware notes. Better luck with 1.4.1 !!

I used it on Monday at a Canon Experience store and it was pretty good. It was always going to be end of Sep, I suspect it got accidentally grouped in with the security date releases.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0