Firmware: Canon EOS R3 v1.2.0 released

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
It says you can adjust it from 30 to 195 so it can be dialled back. Someone please correct me if I am incorrect but I do believe it does say can be fully adjustable
I was more speaking to the maximum capabilities of the mode. It results in a considerable amount of downtime between shots. In what I would personally consider a more usable option of burst shooting of 5-10 shots at 50 or 60fps, I'm still seeing a downtime where the camera is almost completely inoperable (buttons don't work) for roughly 2-4 seconds. It is not "fully" customizable other than the total number of images you shoot in the burst, as long as it falls between 2-50 images. The frames per second available are 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, and 195.

NOTEWORTHY: holding down the shutter button doesn't continue to capture images as the buffer clears. You will need to continue pressing the shutter button each time you want to capture your desired photos.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Does anyone knows if Canon plans to add more flexibility to Drive modes? Currently we are locked into 3/15/30 fps in each of higher speed modes. Nikon Z9 users on other hand are able to specify exact fps per Drive mode. Eg. High Speed + mode will shoot in 8 fps (or whatever value user will specify). At the moment current set up of 3/15/30 fps is not very flexible and in real life really impacts post production time by having too many images. Thanks

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Does anyone knows if Canon plans to add more flexibility to Drive modes? Currently we are locked into 3/15/30 fps in each of higher speed modes. Nikon Z9 users on other hand are able to specify exact fps per Drive mode. Eg. High Speed + mode will shoot in 8 fps (or whatever value user will specify). At the moment current set up of 3/15/30 fps is not very flexible and in real life really impacts post production time by having too many images. Thanks
No one here really knows what Canob is planning. They do respond to user feedback, so if that’s a feature you want (I’d like it as well) contact them directly to request it. The more requests, the more likely it will get incorporated into a future firmware update.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
No one here really knows what Canob is planning. They do respond to user feedback, so if that’s a feature you want (I’d like it as well) contact them directly to request it. The more requests, the more likely it will get incorporated into a future firmware update.
Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear they listen to users feedback. I have tried to contact local CPS but I go no reply. Is there any contact/email address for Canon USA I can send this request? I have heard Canon ISA support is good. Thanks

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear they listen to users feedback. I have tried to contact local CPS but I go no reply. Is there any contact/email address for Canon USA I can send this request? I have heard Canon ISA support is good. Thanks
There shouldn't be "local" CPS, as they operate out of 2-3 call centers in the United States. If you're a CPS member you can call the hotline and talk to a rep about features. They can make note of your questions and concerns.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I suspect by ‘local CPS’ you mean in your country, and that you’re not in the US. Canon USA has a contact form, but it’s for US customers only.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Dreysi

Canon R3, Sony A7s
Jul 7, 2016
I was more speaking to the maximum capabilities of the mode. It results in a considerable amount of downtime between shots. In what I would personally consider a more usable option of burst shooting of 5-10 shots at 50 or 60fps, I'm still seeing a downtime where the camera is almost completely inoperable (buttons don't work) for roughly 2-4 seconds. It is not "fully" customizable other than the total number of images you shoot in the burst, as long as it falls between 2-50 images. The frames per second available are 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, and 195.

NOTEWORTHY: holding down the shutter button doesn't continue to capture images as the buffer clears. You will need to continue pressing the shutter button each time you want to capture your desired photos.
Interesting thanks. I have only tested the 240fps and not this yet so cheers for that. I see what you mean now and yeah it has the same buffer clearing time no matter which you select right.

Upvote 0
Firmware temporarily unavailable in UK
Any indication as to what is going on?
I've installed the latest version on Friday and had no issues to date with stills.

• Sad
Upvote 0
I installed v1.2 a few days ago and all worked well.

I noticed last night that it had been withdrawn from Canon UK site.

This morning I contacted CPS UK. I have just received a reply saying there is an issue and recommended I go back to v1.1.1

The issue is that if you have v1.2 on your camera and then perform a reset the mode dial does not work correctly and you cannot change between Tv Av etc.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL

This morning I contacted CPS UK. I have just received a reply saying there is an issue and recommended I go back to v1.1.1

The issue is that if you have v1.2 on your camera and then perform a reset the mode dial does not work correctly and you cannot change between Tv Av etc.
Good to know! Thank you.

Upvote 0

Hey @Canon Rumors Guy could you add this information to the original article?
@[email protected] for backup :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0