First Car shoot sorta city

Not bad for first attempt. First shot doesn't work in my eyes. But 2nd has potential., great location and great angle. Main pointers are everything is exposed to evenly you need some more dynamics in there to make the whole image work and draw you into the car.

Prob underexpose the background by a stop or vignette it in more. Sort out the cast, you can play with this or desaturate to give a more intentional colour cast / look .

When I do car shoot I'll shoot multiple passes/ frame and then comp everything together. Cars are most definitely not a one shot affair, (poss sometimes at dusk / dawn you can get really beautiful light to wash over the scene and the car nicely )

General method would be shoot for the background, often diff expos for the landscape and sky. then concentrate on the car. If lighting then doing multiple shots walking around with the flash , and stack everything in PS then you can work trying masks on the separate components to get the best out of it.
Shoot can take 1/2 day or day depending on light weather and anything from 1-3 days of retouching to get the required look and level for advertising shots. Its good fun but you have to really work at them :)

This is a great example of the usual process.

Go behind the scenes on a shoot for Volvo Trucks | Phase One

Upvote 0