First Post - My wife and I

Nov 11, 2013
Hello to all! This is my first post in this forum. I am fairly new to photography but very eager to learn to gain experience and one of the best ways to do that is to learn from others. These are some recent photos of my wife and I please feel free to provide C&C as you see fit. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,167
  • jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,179
  • jb3.jpg
    jb3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,176
P

paul13walnut5

Hi, Welcome.

The only very very very slight critique I would offer is the lack of fill flash.

Not needed for exposure here, just a small burst of flash, even at -3 or more EV, would have given your eyes a catchlight. Just a fleck of light in your eyes, they really bring portraits to life and help the viewer engage, especially as you and your wife both have dark iris.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
paul13walnut5 said:
Hi, Welcome.

The only very very very slight critique I would offer is the lack of fill flash.

Not needed for exposure here, just a small burst of flash, even at -3 or more EV, would have given your eyes a catchlight. Just a fleck of light in your eyes, they really bring portraits to life and help the viewer engage, especially as you and your wife both have dark iris.

Thanks, I usually do use my flash. Unfortunately didn't have it with me...it was really spontaneous.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
pdirestajr said:
Welcome!

My .02 would be that the first 2 shots are very uncomfortably posed photos with very forced expressions, "say cheese!"

And the third, the focus is on your elbow. So, I'm looking at your elbow.

These are minor things and obviously tough when you are doing "selfies" (as the kids say now).

Yeah I was using the wifi on my 6D for these so 'selfy'-ish. Also I did manual focus and noticed the focus was off on the last one.

Upvote 0