Flowers and other Flora

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Our front-yard tree (some sort of crab tree, I think) is in full bloom and today I mated a f2.8 Tamron 70-200 with a 5DMkIII, in an effort to isolate blossoms from some of nature's colors (sky, other blossoms, evergreens, clouds) and see what colors and what bokeh turns up.

This spring's effort is below (I have no idea what I'm doing when trying to take pics of flowers, blossome and plants etc...any and all suggestions--bring'em on!:

5D3_7809 - Copy.JPG5D3_7815 - Copy.JPG5D3_7817 - Copy.JPG5D3_7839 - Copy.JPG5D3_7881 - Copy.JPG5D3_7951 - Copy.JPGIMG_6431 - Copy - Copy.JPG
(this last one was acquired with M6MkII + adapted EF70-300II combination)

So after finding some of nature's colors, I discovered some other 'nature' goin' on in the very same tree...and have posted the results -->here<--

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice series, Del Paso.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
My favorit pictures are the second and the primula because of the wider background. 50mm is a sweet focal length for flowers! IMO 135 is even to long and 100mm is my personal limit.
The primula was shot with the 135...;)
But I too like the 50-60mm focals for flowers. Yet, depending on the situation, I often prefer using the 180mm, in order not to crush the surrounding flora.
Anyway, thanks for your remarks!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Forget to say: Proteas are growing there (Kula) in almost every home garden and on some places spreading in the wild!
Reacting to the emoji used by Del Paso for my comment. The most interesting weed that I saw there was actually Nasturtium (I can swear it was a Nasturtium but still not 100% sure: we never had an opportunity to stop for it). It was growing on both sides of the relatively narrow mountain road with a lot of turns and my daughter (she was driving) didn't want to stop - even at some of the rare driveways ("there could be a car behind, and I don't stop in peoples driveways, I never do this", she is really very strict in this:(). I know that plant from my childhood from the garden of my grandma. Here it was growing mile after mile on both sides of the road (not continuously!). Differed from the plants that I know by bigger leafs and maybe flowers... and the abundance (I know them by small, may be 5x1 meters patch from the garden of my Grandma). Now I'm really sorry for not stopping somewhere to take a photo!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0