Flowers and other Flora

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Recently when I needed a macro lens it wasn't available: occupied by my daughter! Solved the problem with buying Tamron SP 90mm (model F017) - used (looking at the lens I can't say it was used at all! You should see my lenses - they look used:)).
Took few shots today - on my lanai (my wife has there a plant with plenty of detail for macro). I took Tamron over Sigma and Nikon (both 105mm) mostly because of the superior sealing: Sigma -none, Nikon - not much and definitely behind Tamron. Otherwise looking at my previous tests of Sigma it looks slightly sharper than both Nikon and Tamron. On other hand Tamron is focusing faster and is very consistent! I may need some AFT - my initial impression is that it is slightly back-focusing.

DSC_8897_DxO.jpgDSC_8927_DxO.jpgDSC_8934_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
A little hommage to @Del Paso
R 5 + RF 100 one picture the SAC is plus, the other minus
View attachment 213383View attachment 213384

Thanks Nemorino!
I've started to use SAC on my brand new RF 100, and I'm actually surprised I like it too! :)
What I don't like: manual focusing by wire, but the lens is so sharp (or unsharp ;)) that it's easy to pardon this little negative aspect...
A world of difference between the EF and the RF, less for macros than for landscapes. At last, really sharp landscapes with a Canon macro! (had 2 EF 100 macros, in both cases sharpness dropped towards the sides). RF is always sharp, corner to corner!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Thanks Nemorino!
I've started to use SAC on my brand new RF 100, and I'm actually surprised I like it too! :)
What I don't like: manual focusing by wire, but the lens is so sharp (or unsharp ;)) that it's easy to pardon this little negative aspect...
A world of difference between the EF and the RF, less for macros than for landscapes. At last, really sharp landscapes with a Canon macro! (had 2 EF 100 macros, in both cases sharpness dropped towards the sides). RF is always sharp, corner to corner!
Unfortunately, I don't see canon producing any lenses that aren't focus by wire. "Canon is do--- oh Sony also does it, never mind!"

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Nice to read You are happy with this lens, espacially the SAC! :D
Aother example of the RF 100L with SAC on the R5@ f/2.8
Just a rose
View attachment 214681
I have seen images from people who reversed the real element or switched the front and rear. It can produce interesting images, but I don't recall any that could be said to be sharp beyond the center. Canon's adjustable softfocus of the old ef 135 f/2.8 and SAC of this lens are also interesting with the ability to remove or adjust the effects. Plus no screwdriver needed!

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Lovely shots, Nemorino.
a025.gif

Upvote 0