Flowers and other Flora

dak723 said:
Lots of nice work here, but Dien - you are setting a high standard for the rest of us to shoot for! Nice portraits, too - you obviously are expert at more than flowers!

Here are a couple more of mine:
Thanks, Dak723. Very nice shots. Were these flowers taken under direct sunlight? It is wonderful that you keep them not overexposed and not losing the details. The textures are still there. It is not easy to take photos of white flowers as they are easily overexposed, especially under direct sunlight like this. However, the textures of the white flowers are still noticed. Nicely done.
Cheers, Dien

Upvote 0
29138613850_a2a326d4d6_z_d.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
npdien said:
Thanks, Dak723. Very nice shots. Were these flowers taken under direct sunlight? It is wonderful that you keep them not overexposed and not losing the details. The textures are still there. It is not easy to take photos of white flowers as they are easily overexposed, especially under direct sunlight like this. However, the textures of the white flowers are still noticed. Nicely done.
Cheers, Dien

Yes, taken under direct sunlight - and, yes, white can be a problem!

Your last couple pics are beautiful, as always!

Upvote 0
dak723 said:
npdien said:
Cheers, Dien

Yes, taken under direct sunlight - and, yes, white can be a problem!

Your last couple pics are beautiful, as always!
Thanks, Dak723.

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
Thanks Dien. Any idea when you'll run out of new varieties to post? ;) Amazing.

Jack
Hi Jack. When running out of new varieties, I look at other people's photos on the Internet, especially online galleries of flower and plant stock photography in order to collect new ideas embedded in other people's interesting photos and then adapt them to suit my individual style and real situation. This is what people say "think globally and act locally". Thanks to the Internet, as a such global group of photographers, we hardly run out of ideas. In addition, I often find myself run out of idea when in front of some flowers and I don't know how to take nice photos of them. In this case, I often try to take some decent photos of them with a variety of angles. When back at home and blowing them up on the computer monitor, I may find the beauty of some of the pictures or learn new ideas about how to improve the composition next time, such as stepping back to widen the frame to include more branches and leaves... Here is a rose picture I took a year ago and now when revisiting it, I find it simple but not bad.
Cheers, Dien.

29477336835_3b8909dd5c_z.jpg

Upvote 0