purple trillium

i-MmzQ678-X3.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today I went to make a company for my daughter on places where I didn't expect any interesting birds and was shooting everything available.
Well, I risk to be too long (and may by annoying...) but without the story at least my first photo shouldn't make sense - very small object better for macro lens:
Paederia foetida. My interest about the plant is the fact it's the main food plant for Macroglossum pyrrhostictum (didn't see any moth around today!) here.

My first encounter was back in the time hiking with my tiny daughter. Something was stinking badly but I was going forward. I had to stop when my daughter started yelling "Dad was it you?" behind of me. "No it's a plant". "Yeah that's a plant?! Ha,ha - next time choose something better..."
Later when she started hiking alone she was like: "Dad when I have to go around that plant I always look behind - if there is someone after me I just wait to go second...:ROFLMAO:"
It depend on the temperature, wind, time of the day and may be some "magic" that I don't understand but it not always stinks like that (today they where not stinking at all).
Any way, here are the photos from today- first one is is that notorious tiny flower. The last one is from ~week ago, I still have to figure out what it is (for now something from the genus Cerebra -very toxic plants! I'm not sure...). BTW the photo #3 is one of the endemic Hybiscus sp.

DSC_8934_DxO.jpgDSC_8935_DxO.jpgDSC_9000_DxO.jpgDSC_9064_DxO.jpgDSC_8685_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Today I went to make a company for my daughter on places where I didn't expect any interesting birds and was shooting everything available.
Well, I risk to be too long (and may by annoying...) but without the story at least my first photo shouldn't make sense - very small object better for macro lens:
Paederia foetida. My interest about the plant is the fact it's the main food plant for Macroglossum pyrrhostictum (didn't see any moth around today!) here.

My first encounter was back in the time hiking with my tiny daughter. Something was stinking badly but I was going forward. I had to stop when my daughter started yelling "Dad was it you?" behind of me. "No it's a plant". "Yeah that's a plant?! Ha,ha - next time choose something better..."
Later when she started hiking alone she was like: "Dad when I have to go around that plant I always look behind - if there is someone after me I just wait to go second...:ROFLMAO:"
It depend on the temperature, wind, time of the day and may be some "magic" that I don't understand but it not always stinks like that (today they where not stinking at all).
Any way, here are the photos from today- first one is is that notorious tiny flower. The last one is from ~week ago, I still have to figure out what it is (for now something from the genus Cerebra -very toxic plants! I'm not sure...). BTW the photo #3 is one of the endemic Hybiscus sp.

View attachment 205963View attachment 205964View attachment 205965View attachment 205966View attachment 205967
Foetida says it all...;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0