Focal for Mac beta released Sept 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a license you can download it here
http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/index.php/2012/09/first-focal-for-mac-beta-release/
It is only usable on mac os lion not mountain lion.
You also need another software before installing.
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
You click on the latest stable version portion and mac osx icon then below click on the download by clicking the word "Runtime". The other downloads don't do anything to help

If you try downloading focal and starting it it will just tell you to get this. Took me a little trial and error, so i thought i'd save you some time. You will need your license with that long code that starts and ends with ##. You also should enter your camera serial number, you don't need all the sn#'s you registered, one will do.

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
Just redid some of yesterday's work and I can say that this Beta program, using a mid-2010 MBP, 2.66 Hz i7, 4 Gb RAM machine, and running MAC OS X 10.7.4 went flawlessly. As noted above, you must first install the 'mono' download, but after that, no problems. Ran quickly, and the only mior issue is connecting the cameras. First open the FOCAL program, then plug in camera USB, then computer USB then turn on camera, then 'connect' camera via software - which takes a few seconds, and maybe some plugging / unplugging of the USB port, but it did recognize 7d, 1d IV, 5d3 and 1d-x.
a few minor differences from WINDOWS format, but as a beta, no real complaints.

Upvote 0
W

Wideopen

Just downloaded it today for my 4gb ram 2011 macbook air. As a beta version it worked pretty good except for the connectivity issues of it not being able to see the camera then dropping the connection in the middle of a test every so often...for some reason i cant seem to get my 50mm f1.4 to even take the first shot due to the program crashing in the middle of mirror lockup...guess ill have to wait till the bugs are worked out. But thanks to focal for creating a mac version. Hopefull the final will be out shortly

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.