Getting The Shot Vs Ethical Behaviour

geekpower said:
CanonFanBoy said:
I never said anybody's opinion is valid or invalid, you nit-wit. Opinions can be valid or invalid. That is what makes them opinions. My lens X is better than your lens Y is opinion. The truth is entirely different.

However, the truth is always true. It is never untrue. Don't go into "my truth" vs "your truth". That is just silly. Nobody owns the truth. The truth stands on its own.

Hypocrisy isn't about truth or untruth. It isn't about validity or not. It has nothing to do with opinion either.

Hypocrisy has to do with the finger wagger accusing and condemning the other guy for doing essentially the same thing as the wagger is doing. Can't you see this? Are you really that dense?

You see, with hypocrisy BOTH sides can be wrong hypocrites having stupid opinions without a shred of truth to them. DUH!

Geekpower, you are quite outclassed. Tramp on through the field for your landscape shots while you look on in disdain at the man chilling a bug... telling us how you are so much the better man than he is.

By the way, how many refugees are you going to allow to share your house? That's what I thought. NIMBY

oh yes, i am certainly outclassed. if by outclassed, you mean i only know how to win arguments by resorting to logical reasoning, unlike you, who have mastered the art of completely disregarding all intelligent thought and resorting to petty name calling and bullying. you are a true wonder. your heroes Dunning and Kruger must be very proud.

and AGAIN, since your reading comprehension is also apparently very classy, i never said that i am necessarily against chilling, killing, setting on fire, eating, whatever. my argument is that anybody who does want to state their reasons should be allowed to do so without being shouted down for being a hypocrite. it serves no purpose but to sensor the debate.

as for refugees, whether or not i am hypocritical on that topic is irrelevant to the discussion of bugs, just as hypocrisy is irrelevant to all debate, but since you are curious, no, i don't plan to host any in my home. i am not trained in social work, and would not be very good at helping them to get established. luckily for them, i live in a social democracy, and in the recent federal election i voted for a party who's platform was pro-refugee, and they happened to win. i trust the new government to spend my tax dollars appropriately, and for the government agencies involved to use their expertise to provide much better help than i could directly.

Both of you are off.

Canon Boy is off because he fails to take in to account the reason someone driving a car or walking in the woods might kill bugs. It isn't hypocritical to say it is wrong to kill bugs for no other reason than your personal gratification. Yet the same person can believe it is alright to kill mosquitoes and ticks that spread disease. As long as the this person lives by his beliefs he is not hypocritical. Only if that person decides to kill a few bugs for his own gratification and condemns others that do also does he become a hypocrite.

Geek your arguments are at a best lame. Whether you are A or not an A your logic has missed the argument.

Upvote 0
takesome1 said:
Both of you are off.

Canon Boy is off because he fails to take in to account the reason someone driving a car or walking in the woods might kill bugs. It isn't hypocritical to say it is wrong to kill bugs for no other reason than your personal gratification. Yet the same person can believe it is alright to kill mosquitoes and ticks that spread disease. As long as the this person lives by his beliefs he is not hypocritical. Only if that person decides to kill a few bugs for his own gratification and condemns others that do also does he become a hypocrite.

Geek your arguments are at a best lame. Whether you are A or not an A your logic has missed the argument.

Finally a sane post on the subject. I absolutely agree that not all circumstances are equal, which is why in my earlier arguments I tried to explain that each case must be judged independently. I only resorted to the over simplified examples because whether a person is being hypocritical or not is always up for debate, but I wanted to show that even if they are, it is still irrelevant. Each case must be evaluated independently, always. That is the difference between legalism and ethics. The circumstances around any decision can be incredibly complex, and no set of laws can be specific enough to account for every combination. There must always be a case by case evaluation.

Upvote 0
It's ethics. Always a thorny subject.

I think if you cause deliberate harm for a leisurely pursuit then you are wrong.

But then what about the environmental harm caused by building hotels and chalets in lovely places so that you can go on holiday?

I would never intentionally harm another creature for a photograph's sake. But I would eat a good hamburger with gusto.

It's all a bit phuked up.

What I do know is that if some of the people posting on this thread used the same vocabulary or insults in person, I would punch their phucking lights out, stamp on their heads and then kick their bollocks (because it's never women, only autistic spectrum gear obsessive men) until they were coming out of their mouths.

Now. I might get banned for this. But I would argue that is unfair. It's obviously rhetoric. As we are in a virtual arena.

I'm just saying.... be nicer. Be right in your head, but be nice about it. A lot of you are talking like you are WWE wrestlers, and I bet that none of you are. And if you were you would be called indignant arcehole man or something.

Theres bigger problems in this world than forum fight talk.

Although if any of you phuqers harm the bees, I'll harm you.

Upvote 0

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
dilbert said:
The only time when behavior becomes unethical is when you taken a photograph and misrepresent what you did or how you took it. i.e. if the insect was dead and you claim it is alive - that's unethical. If it's on a stick in your home and you claim it was in the wild, that's unethical. If you photoshop a landscape image to hell and then pretend it is "just like what I saw in real life", that's unethical.

for once we both agree on this matter your remarks at spot on

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
beforeEos Camaras said:
dilbert said:
The only time when behavior becomes unethical is when you taken a photograph and misrepresent what you did or how you took it. i.e. if the insect was dead and you claim it is alive - that's unethical. If it's on a stick in your home and you claim it was in the wild, that's unethical. If you photoshop a landscape image to hell and then pretend it is "just like what I saw in real life", that's unethical.

Umm...breaking into a protected habitat to take photographs...risking the safety of an animal by luring it out of a preserve or park in order to photograph it...encouraging a protester to turn violent for the sake of a picture...trampling endangered plants while hiking in protected areas...flying a drone over a burning forest fire thus endangering firefighters...breaking into private property for a photo...placing a remote camera in a women's locker room...taking photographs at the scene of an accident instead of helping an injured person...

There are plenty of unethical behaviors that have nothing to do with manipulating a photograph.

Upvote 0

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
unfocused said:
beforeEos Camaras said:
dilbert said:

Umm...breaking into a protected habitat to take photographs...risking the safety of an animal by luring it out of a preserve or park in order to photograph it...encouraging a protester to turn violent for the sake of a picture...trampling endangered plants while hiking in protected areas...flying a drone over a burning forest fire thus endangering firefighters...breaking into private property for a photo...placing a remote camera in a women's locker room...taking photographs at the scene of an accident instead of helping an injured person...

There are plenty of unethical behaviors that have nothing to do with manipulating a photograph.
and its all the same augment all over once more you bring up drones the fools that fly them are doing more harm then good. rember this was a thing on freezing insets not of the items you bring up. ethics is something you have or have not you also failed to mention paparazzi's and the list grows

Upvote 0
unfocused said:
beforeEos Camaras said:
dilbert said:

Add
Throwing out human food to lure Elk and Deer in to your yard in the winter to take their picture and not taking in to account that the practice may actually harm their chance for survival and may even cause certain types of diseases.
Doing the same with birds at your back yard bird feeder.

I am sure the list could be much longer.

Upvote 0