Canon EOS R1 Spotted in the wild at the Monaco GP

Really good ergonomic choices made — most notably, there is now a bar to fasten your strap to on the underside of the camera. Much better positioning if you go back and forth between between portrait and landscape, and it also keeps the lens down instead of sticking out.

Dedicated white balance button is really nice for video.

Locking hotshoe and battery door covers are also extremely welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Really good ergonomic choices made — most notably, there is now a bar to fasten your strap to on the underside of the camera. Much better positioning if you go back and forth between between portrait and landscape, and it also keeps the lens down instead of sticking out.

As always, the 1 series is refine, refine, refine.

I have asked if we can see the back of the camera, even if it's potato.

Upvote 0
We expect the internet sleuths to figure out everything about the camera by the images alone.

All right... checking the bottom sticker you can see a mention of HDMI. Looking at the bottoms (with consent) of both R5 and R3, that is not seen. Normal sized HDMI confirmed!

Also, the DS code is not any of the leaked codes, but that can be country-based.

Also again, by checking camera bottoms it made me realize that the R3 doesn't have a metal bar for straps on the vertical grip, what the duck, Canon?

Upvote 0

Hopefully you can change white balance while recording like the cinema cameras. One of the many reason why i hate using dslrs or mirrorless after using a cinema camera.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0