Canon EOS R1 Spotted in the wild at the Monaco GP

First one to point out the obvious learning here: can go to 1/16000 at least … but concerning my - why would the guy (he knows what he’s doing I’m sure) have 125 iso? Is this the base iso? Sony a93 has 250 base iso - so its still better than that for long exposures (I know not the focus)
When a photographer wears a TAG Heuer watch, it's safe to assume he knows a thing or two about his job, too. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
First one to point out the obvious learning here: can go to 1/16000 at least … but concerning my - why would the guy (he knows what he’s doing I’m sure) have 125 iso? Is this the base iso? Sony a93 has 250 base iso - so its still better than that for long exposures (I know not the focus)
He wanted to be at 1.2/8000 and the ISO of 125 gave him his exposure?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

I wouldn't overthink it. I set my ISO to be one third stops for fine adjustment when I don't want to mess with my aperture or shutter speed.

A 1-series camera is definitely not going to be the camera that Canon decides to limit ISO speeds on.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I might be incorrect, but the button next to the WB button appears to be a new feature. I would guess it is a button for cropping given the symbol next to the button. Pure speculation.

Frankly, I really want to see the back of the camera so I can determine if the rear LCD flips upwards.

Planning to trade in my current batch of Canon cameras for a R5 Mk2 and R1 in 2024. Will be my first 1-series purchase since 1Dx Mk2 in 2016.

I am glad they put the strap attachment on the underside of the camera again vs. the R3. Sometimes it is the small things that count.

I am guess that the R1 is going to be significantly heavier than the R3, but still significantly less than my old 1Dx MK2.

Upvote 0
The locking one will cost $99 to replace if you lose it. "We fixed the problem and you still lost it tax".
Ouch. But if I buy the R1, I'll likely buy a replacement cover. I'm fairly certain the R3 cover I 'lost' is somewhere in the room where I keep my camera gear. The lock is great, but hardware improvements can't fix all wetware errors.

Upvote 0