Canon EOS R1 Spotted in the wild at the Monaco GP

Yes, R1 should be fully support 4.0
For me it is really not a question of support. I can use 4.0 cards in Z9 and R3 both of which were released before 4.0 cards were available. Let me rephrase. Will using a 4.0 CF Express card in Canon R1 provide better buffer performance vs. a 2.0 CF Express card?

I realize that we likely will not know the answer to this question until the official release announcement with full specifications. Might even require indidvidual testing to get definitive results and / or a thorough read of the R1 owner's manual.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
So many sport photographers here to celebrate a 30MB rolling shutter camera in 2024.

Professional sports photographers (and other disciplines) that are Canon shooters are a massive part in what a 1-series camera becomes. They are directly involved with the direction that the line takes, always. Not what the other companies are doing, not the internet, not YouTube, not forums.....

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
i wonder if canon has gotten better about heat management for the CFE card. The card i use for R5 gets real hot. Imagine having two of them 1 mm apart.

I would imagine that easy to do thing (so I'm told) called material science will be a factor in this. In theory, the much larger body of the R1 would allow them to shunt the heat away from the CFE cards and keep it away from the sensitive electronics.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Professional sports photographers (and other disciplines) that are Canon shooters are a massive part in what a 1-series camera becomes. They are directly involved with the direction that the line takes, always. Not what the other companies are doing, not the internet, not YouTube, not forums.....

without a doubt. Canon resisted making the 1D series higher MP's in the past simply because the photographers told them they didn't want more.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0