Gray wall jumping spider on my hand

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
I was pretty happy with the way these two turned out. I'm in the process of adjusting my diffusion setup to be a little softer and have less intense hot spots. I was running at 1/200s, ISO400, and f/11-f/13 with the MT-24EX at 1/8 or 1/4 on each head. I'm starting to experiment with more flash output (1/2) and lower ISO (200). Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Jun 19 2018macro1119.jpg
    Jun 19 2018macro1119.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 454
  • Jun 19 2018macro1120.jpg
    Jun 19 2018macro1120.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 373

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
Click said:
Very nice shots. I especially like the second one. :)

Thank you! It was one I had to look at for a second.

unfocused said:
Honestly, your stuff is incredible.

Thank you, you’re too kind.

lion rock said:
Drainpipe,
Incredible shots.
How do you get your friend to stay still pose long enough to photograph?
You have a knack with creatures!
-r

Thank you! To be honest I just try to be as calm as I can with them, and the feeling seems to sometimes be mutual ;D

NancyP said:
That was my thought - I sometimes see one of these in my office, and it is an Olympian in speed related to body length. I assume it lives off the ants that have been making their way indoors. I can understand getting a nectarivore to sit and graze on a sugar drop on your finger, but these jumping spiders want 6-legged meat.

That is very true. With jumpers they’re constantly looking for the next place to jump, so you have to take opportunity when it comes.

Jack Douglas said:
Blows me away. Any tips?

Jack

Slow and steady for jumpers. They can be exhausting when they’re trying to find their next spot to jump. Sometimes I don’t even get a good shot with them, so I have to take a lot. I guess my tips would be to have a lot of patience and even more persistence.

Upvote 0