Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Looks very interesting. I do hope they adjust the sensitivity of that smart controller. Even when set to it's lowest sensitivity on the 1DXIII, it is still far too sensitive.

I'm a little surprised they are including it at all, as it seems to me to be a feature best suited for DSLRs that don't have touch control focus point selection through the back screen. Selecting the point using your thumb on the back screen is much more intuitive and controllable in my experience. I suppose they figured they would include it, since they've already paid for the technology, but I doubt I would use it instead of the touch screen.

Upvote 0
it could be that the articulated lcd screen makes the R3 a notch 'less pro' than the R1 .. doesn't canon forgo this feature in it's 1 series ? but I have to agree with the other posters here, it looks very much like a 1 series. makes me wonder what the R1 is going to have (even better AF w/ deep learning, no SD cards, built like a tank, super fast charging - like 5 mins for 0->100% .. ?)

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
One disappointing aspect of this camera is that there are only four ways in which you can adjust the AF point

-Eye sensor
-Multi-controller (2x)
-Joystick (2x)
-Touch & Drag

For a Pro camera, this is simply not enough. Hopefully the R1 can do better than that.
How many way can you adjust the AF point on the 1DXIII?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I’m really liking the second top dial, like Nikons have had forever. I really like that ability to use a top thumb dial whenever I use a Nikon.

Not a huge fan of the tilt flip screen, not because of the oft over stated ‘durability’, if Olympus can put a flip screen on a cheap waterproof camera I’m pretty sure Canon can do it on a weatherproof pro camera, no my objection to flip screens is they are comparatively big and bulky and yet the screen is much smaller than it could be if it wasn’t a flip screen. But I know I am fighting an uphill battle on that one.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
My objection to flip screens is they are comparatively big and bulky and yet the screen is much smaller than it could be if it wasn’t a flip screen. But I know I am fighting an uphill battle on that one.
It's just as big as on any other camera, 3.2-inch, just like the 1DX series.
And they can do bigger ones if they want to, like on the C70, although the hinge on that camera seems less stable.

Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
One disappointing aspect of this camera is that there are only four ways in which you can adjust the AF point

-Eye sensor
-Multi-controller (2x)
-Joystick (2x)
-Touch & Drag

For a Pro camera, this is simply not enough. Hopefully the R1 can do better than that.
Well if you could just tell it where to focus, now that would be a big step up! lol

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
It's just as big as on any other camera, 3.2-inch, just like the 1DX series.
And they can do bigger ones if they want to, like on the C70, although the hinge on that camera seems less stable.
If the screen is the same size then the complete mechanism is bigger and bulkier, if the mechanism is the same size the screen is smaller. What is difficult to understand or controversial about that?

Upvote 0