Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

What is this body?
  • Expanded interface for professional needs
  • Carries on the ergonomic EOS design
  • Full-featured 13 assignable buttons
That does not sound like an R5 with a fan. More like a C70. Going to be somewhere in between perhaps?

Also, love that it has 2k oversampled from 8k - that will be EXCELLENT. Not many mirrorless cameras have had good 2k/HD in the past few years
My R6 has great full HD to be honnest ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I've enhanced the pic a bit to see more details.

a few things:

1: You can see the giant fan on the side.
2: There's a new type of hinge that I'm guessing is for the rear LCD. Looks like a tilt vs a flippy screen?
3: The power button appears to have been moved to the top to accommodate this hinge.
4: The bottom is much more rounded compared to the R5, which I think looks sharp.
5: The shutter button is flatter. Based on the grayscale, it appears to be red, assuming the R5C insignia is red, as is standard with C-series.

51766C88-CCC1-470E-8B72-9B724CA6CFCD.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
I have a hard time believing this will be less than 6k. I guess we will find out shortly. If it is less than 6k take my money. I’m glad they didn’t put a nd in it, the cost would be astronomical if they did find away. Canons ef nd adapter is one of the best things they have created in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
OK, I'll take the bait, and guess at USD 5450...
That’s the price of the c70. I imagine it will be at least a bit different up or down from it.Definitely more than an R5. So I’m guessing $4,800 - 5,200. Unless they price it above the c70, but i don’t think so.
Though when the 1D C came out it was crazy expensive. So who knows.

Upvote 0
If I was looking at buying an R5 today I'd certainly go for this version but as an R5 owner I don't see anything more "Cinema" about this camera other than the fan over the standard camera.

Unless Canon has some surprises on the 19th I feel its a real shame......... :(
surprised that you could write that with a straight face... we don't have a ton of those features on the R5... unless they decide to upgrade the firmware for the R5 to give those options. we don't have any bitrate options.

Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
This is hitting a lot of "yes" for me, and not a lot of "no".
Guess we're really waiting to see what the price and actual availability are....
So the R5 is about $4K. The C70 is pretty much $6500 once you go full frame. I'm really curious to see pricing on this. If I remember correctly previous "C" cameras were the same price as their conuterparts.

Upvote 0
So the R5 is about $4K. The C70 is pretty much $6500 once you go full frame. I'm really curious to see pricing on this. If I remember correctly previous "C" cameras were the same price as their conuterparts.
Well, 1D X launch price: USD 6799.00, 1D C launch price: USD 15000.00 (according to wikipedia). I surely hope the factor is less than 2 this time.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
surprised that you could write that with a straight face... we don't have a ton of those features on the R5... unless they decide to upgrade the firmware for the R5 to give those options. we don't have any bitrate options.
A sensor geared towards video rather than stills would be an upgrade over the R5.

While some of the new stuff ticks the spec must list, none listed improve the video IQ over the standard R5. C70 still seem like the better choice for video.

Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
Well, 1D X launch price: USD 6799.00, 1D C launch price: USD 15000.00 (according to wikipedia). I surely hope the factor is less than 2 this time.
No kidding!? I don't know why I don't remember that. So this can easily be a $10K camera. I can't argue that these specs wouldn't justify the price considering the rest of the Canon cinema camera lineup

Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
8k60 internal RAW? What hell of a memory card do you need for that? I mean you already had a hard time to find one able to deal with 8k30 in EOS R5 and burned your fingers taking it out of the slot after a few minutes already.
Had no problem finding a card
8k60 internal RAW? What hell of a memory card do you need for that? I mean you already had a hard time to find one able to deal with 8k30 in EOS R5 and burned your fingers taking it out of the slot after a few minutes already.
Have no problems finding CFexpress cards. All one needs to do is read the Canon support page and it will tell one precisely which cards are useable.

Upvote 0