Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Here are a lot of official specifications for the Canon EOS R5 C from Canon.
Compact and lightweight, the EOS R5 C is a true hybrid camera, boasting many of the video formats and features from the Cinema EOS lineup as well as many of the still capabilities of the EOS R5 camera in a beautifully designed body. The EOS R5 C is a complete package that offers filmmakers, multimedia journalists, and advanced amateurs a cost-effective 8K, 4L, and FHD camera to help unlock their creative potential.
Canon’s 45 Megapixel full-frame, CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for an impressive 8K/60P RAW cinematic video shooting. Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames per second and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability to track split-second movements of even...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What is this body?
  • Expanded interface for professional needs
  • Carries on the ergonomic EOS design
  • Full-featured 13 assignable buttons
That does not sound like an R5 with a fan. More like a C70. Going to be somewhere in between perhaps?

Also, love that it has 2k oversampled from 8k - that will be EXCELLENT. Not many mirrorless cameras have had good 2k/HD in the past few years.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
What is this body?
That does not sound like an R5 with a fan. More like a C70. Going to be somewhere in between perhaps?

Also, love that it has 2k oversampled from 8k - that will be EXCELLENT. Not many mirrorless cameras have had good 2k/HD in the past few years.
I'm sure it's the R3 hot shoe.

Upvote 0
Curious if that 120 frames per second slo-mo on 4k would be the full sensor version or if it's line skipping (or heaven forbid cropped).

Sounds like a great video rig, but all I can say is thank goodness I'm not primarily a video shooter, as this would slurp up so much $. Very happy to keep doing my 4k clips at two minutes or under with the R5. Long-form interviews I use Ninja V's. Gets the job done for a couple hours at a go, provided adequately sized SSD drives.

The thing I can't do with the R5 that th R5c can do is the slo-mo stuff at that 120p. If I shot action, it would be interesting. Thank goodness I don't!

Upvote 0
If I was looking at buying an R5 today I'd certainly go for this version but as an R5 owner I don't see anything more "Cinema" about this camera other than the fan over the standard camera.

Unless Canon has some surprises on the 19th I feel its a real shame......... :(
Quite a bit extra:
- 60fps in 8k
- Raw LT
- 5.9k raw internal
- Downsampled 2k
- Timecode in/out
- Adaptable hotshoe for Tascam XLR module
- XF-AVC - HUGE, because the h265 from the R5 is impossible to edit
- Unlimited recording - and this is a big one. As someone who owned the R5, I could not use it in professional environments because it does overheat in many situations.
- Surely some more video-focused monitoring tools

If you're mostly a photographer, then no, this isn't a big update. But this is a professional video tool, whereas the R5 is not.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Rocksthaman

Eos R , R6 , R5
Jul 9, 2020
Quite a bit extra:
- 60fps in 8k
- Raw LT
- 5.9k raw internal
- Downsampled 2k
- Timecode in/out
- Adaptable hotshoe for Tascam XLR module
- XF-AVC - HUGE, because the h265 from the R5 is impossible to edit
- Unlimited recording - and this is a big one. As someone who owned the R5, I could not use it in professional environments because it does overheat in many situations.
- Surely some more video-focused monitoring tools

If you're mostly a photographer, then no, this isn't a big update. But this is a professional video tool, whereas the R5 is not.
And Full MF HDMI

But the real test for me will be if the ibis wobble is still there or if we can select between no stabilization, ibis, Lens, digital or digital enhanced. They all have their advantages for me and it’s always been frustrating the way it’s setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
I’m definitely interested. Really happy the C70 is getting Raw Light LT as well. I might get one of these instead of a second c70.

if I do I feel like I’ll be swapping which one is A cam & which one is B cam rather often depending on the shoot. Right now my c70 is solid A cam with an R6 being used here and there. My R6 doesn’t do DCI though, so on shoots that need that it’s not very helpful. I get that request fairly often.

Upvote 0
What is this body?

The hints about the body are defitenly a good thing. Probably means lots of EOS Cinema features, waveforms, false color, etc...
I'm guessing it will look like a baby C70.

8K-2K downsample seems like it could even be a decent recording mode for lowlight. That will squash a lot of noise.

Upvote 0