Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

No kidding!? I don't know why I don't remember that. So this can easily be a $10K camera. I can't argue that these specs wouldn't justify the price considering the rest of the Canon cinema camera lineup
No, the 1DC was a different time. Canon had accidentally discovered and created the DSLR market and they wanted to see if higher end productions would jump on a 15k DSLR. It flopped and came down in price quickly. They won't make that mistake again.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
No, the 1DC was a different time. Canon had accidentally discovered and created the DSLR market and they wanted to see if higher end productions would jump on a 15k DSLR. It flopped and came down in price quickly. They won't make that mistake again.
Yeah I don't believe it would be over $10k but it could knock be knocking on the door. Just wondering where it fits in the lineup. C70 comparison - Better auto focus, higher rez, full frame, & 8k *Raw. I doubt that it will have built in NDs but $7500+ seems very possible. Either way I'm sure I'll end up getting one at some point.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
And Full MF HDMI

But the real test for me will be if the ibis wobble is still there or if we can select between no stabilization, ibis, Lens, digital or digital enhanced. They all have their advantages for me and it’s always been frustrating the way it’s setup.
Please complain to Canon about this every chance you get.

Upvote 0
This look like it will finally deliver the promise the R5 was supposed to.
Funny how 8k (any format besides timelapse) was unheard of 18 months in a hybrid camera.
The R5 is still the only hybrid to offer 8k raw shooting and now 8k60 is expected as normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Funny how 8k (any format besides timelapse) was unheard of 18 months in a hybrid camera.
The R5 is still the only hybrid to offer 8k raw shooting and now 8k60 is unexpected as normal?
Nonsense. Sony is always ahead of Canon. I'm sure they had 8K years ago. Maybe even decades ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
A sensor geared towards video rather than stills would be an upgrade over the R5.

While some of the new stuff ticks the spec must list, none listed improve the video IQ over the standard R5. C70 still seem like the better choice for video.
I would normally agree that the c70 is better as a video camera except for the fact that it's af isn't as good as the r5.

But for me, I do a lot of photography still and the c70 doesn't work as a photo camera.

I love my r5 so I won't be upgrading. But if both the r5 and r5c came out at the same time I would get the r5c bc I am doing more and more video and I love the video from my r5.

Upvote 0
  • With active cooling and these specs running 2x LP-E6 seems a must. Let's hope the existing R5 battery grip will work
  • Maybe we'll get lucky and get a better ND adapter announced, one with a dial that can resist being changed by a slight breeze.
  • No-cable XLR handle (C100 style) utilizing the new smart shoe? Not including this in the box or offering separately would be a huge oversight IMO
Seems like it's going to be a stellar camera spec-wise with real potential. Canon has made some bad choices last couple years with how they've segmented their cinema line, let's hope this is a change in direction.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
  • With active cooling and these specs running 2x LP-E6 seems a must. Let's hope the existing R5 battery grip will work
  • Maybe we'll get lucky and get a better ND adapter announced, one with a dial that can resist being changed by a slight breeze.
  • No-cable XLR handle (C100 style) utilizing the new smart shoe? Not including this in the box or offering separately would be a huge oversight IMO
Seems like it's going to be a stellar camera spec-wise with real potential. Canon has made some bad choices last couple years with how they've segmented their cinema line, let's hope this is a change in direction.
- Yes, battery life is one of the biggest concerns. It's not awful on the R5 (I could get 2-hours on one battery), but it could be rough with the fan and hotshoe XLR module attached.
- There are a couple of third party VNDs that fit inside the Canon adapter that are WAY better. The Breakthrough Photography X4 VND is apparently a thing of beauty, is 1.5 - 11 stops in strength, and has no color shift at all through the range (unlike the Canon one which goes seriously blue for the last stop). I have one on pre-order.
- I think they'll just promote the new Tascam XLR as our dual XLR option.

Really hoping they have c-log2 or can at least get the DR up closer to S1H levels. That will be a big deal.

Upvote 0