Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

After enhancing the image detail we can clearly observe that there is indeed a hinge visible in the picture. So we can conclude that the C70 will sport a flippy screen.

I think it makes a lot of sense to have a flip screen but with a hinge much like the c200. In this position it would allow the flip monitor to clear all cables and buttons but still allow full mobility.

Upvote 0
...If I may be greedy, I’d also ask for a tilt up screen like on the a7iii. I Loathe flip screens.
Come canon.

I thought I was the only one on the planet that wished this too! I find it quicker and easier than having to pull-out and flip :)

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I thought I was the only one on the planet that wished this too! I find it quicker and easier than having to pull-out and flip :)

thank god there is someone else to think like me!
this flippy screen was made forvolggers, under the pressure of vlogger, but it’s so inconvenient.
my biggest complaint with it is that when you film video, the image is not directly behind the lens but on the side and it puts me off balance. Ihate the experience and I would have preferred a tilt up screen but I suppose this is the way forward for all brands now so we will have to get used to it.

i think the best system was the tilt up and down screen like you find on the newest apsc models. satisfies everyone needs.

Upvote 0
Another idiot. So sad. Canon tries to keep fools like you from damaging their camera. It really is that simple. But no, the conspiracy idiots can't accept the obvious answer. Why then, one might ask, do Sony FF cameras overheat. Are they part of the conspiracy, too?
I'm the idiot? The bottleneck in the cameras is USUALLY the processor. To keep it simple, really, really REALY simple. The sensors are pretty much recording more information then the processors can handle. That's what's "supposed" to be causing them to overheat. All those megapixels just record too much information. Thus, causing the cameras to overheat. Either lower the megapixels or make more powerful processors. Right? well, the Canon Digic X processor in the R5 and the R6 is THREE-TIMES faster than the TWO Digic 6+'s in the Canon 1dx Mark II. That's right, that ONE processor is THREE-TIMES more powerful than that TWO processors in canons previous flagship DSLR. And that's why people are more skeptical. Canon has made more powerful processors, much more powerful processors, theres no doubt about it. And its already been proven that there is a timer in the camera that itself that starts whenever you use the camera for anything to limit its use more than the temperature of the camera itself. We know this. ANd this is why people are skeptical and furious with canon, it's lke they can, but won't... And the latest sony Camera, the a7s III does not overheat in any setting.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I'm the idiot? The bottleneck in the cameras is USUALLY the processor. To keep it simple, really, really REALY simple. The sensors are pretty much recording more information then the processors can handle. That's what's "supposed" to be causing them to overheat. All those megapixels just record too much information. Thus, causing the cameras to overheat. Either lower the megapixels or make more powerful processors. Right? well, the Canon Digic X processor in the R5 and the R6 is THREE-TIMES faster than the TWO Digic 6+'s in the Canon 1dx Mark II. That's right, that ONE processor is THREE-TIMES more powerful than that TWO processors in canons previous flagship DSLR. And that's why people are more skeptical. Canon has made more powerful processors, much more powerful processors, theres no doubt about it. And its already been proven that there is a timer in the camera that itself that starts whenever you use the camera for anything to limit its use more than the temperature of the camera itself. We know this. ANd this is why people are skeptical and furious with canon, it's lke they can, but won't... And the latest sony Camera, the a7s III does not overheat in any setting.

You do realize that ANY processor will generate heat, right, even one that isn't underpowered? In fact, the more powerful, the more heat. It's not a result of the chip laboring under too great a load.

If they're skeptical about overheating because the processor is more powerful, they're just ignorant.

Upvote 0
ANd this is why people are skeptical and furious with canon, it's lke they can, but won't...

That's right. They totally can, but won't... at least not for that price. Let's be very clear here. 8K recording of any kind is on the high end. 8K raw even more so. Expecting unfettered better than C700 level video performance in the price and body of a 5D camera is what is unreasonable. Canon has and probably always will do market segmentation. If you don't like that, simply don't buy their stuff. Getting upset because you didn't pay for a C700 but expect better than C700 is waste of time.

Upvote 0
I can confirm that this is RF mount.. same sensor as C300iii with DGO. 16+ stops DR. 4k120..
10bit 422 x avc Intra. No Raw. No SDI

No internal raw. No external raw...

Price $6299.00

4k dci 4k60p 4k120p

ND filters...
The price should be maybe a touch higher than A7SIII. Who are the Canon competitors on video professional cameras? Sony? Panasonic? Blackmagic? Maybe Z-cam?

Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
Why does IBIS have to be there?

If you're a videographer you have a decent tripod and a gimbal. Gimbal footage looks a damn sight better than anything handheld with IBIS, and this camera looks like it was made to fly.

Panasonic didn't bother with IBIS in the GH5s because it isn't considered to be a useful feature for many pro filmmakers or videographers.

Gimbals add weight, an extra battery to die, and every time you change lenses you have to rebalance. As a one-man-band it's just too much. The R5's ibis has been a godsend so far. If they can solve overheating at 4khq it will be my perfect camera.

That said, if this new cine cam has ibis, eye-AF and comparable 4K to the HQ on the R5 I might be sold. It would be a bummer to lose the FOV of the uncropped sensor though.

Upvote 0
Gimbals add weight, an extra battery to die, and every time you change lenses you have to rebalance. As a one-man-band it's just too much. The R5's ibis has been a godsend so far. If they can solve overheating at 4khq it will be my perfect camera.

That said, if this new cine cam has ibis, eye-AF and comparable 4K to the HQ on the R5 I might be sold. It would be a bummer to lose the FOV of the uncropped sensor though.

are you happy with the video DR of your R5 so far ? It’s my only disapointment with the camera

Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
are you happy with the video DR of your R5 so far ? It’s my only disapointment with the camera

The 4KHQ is the best looking 4K I've ever seen out of a camera. I'm using it with the Ninja though so that's an additional expense and bulk. But it gives you virtually unlimited record times in HQ and also gives you a codec you can edit without proxies. Combined with the Ninja it is indeed a video beast.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0