Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
The RF mount would make this a dream to use with vintage lenses.

Absolutely. A major reason why I’ve been holding out. I used FD glass on my M5 for stills a ton, and those images were always beautiful. Always wanted to film something with them, but I never converted them to EF and the M5 really isn’t a contender for video. Now I won’t have to convert them at all. The FD to RF adapters are pretty amazing. I also used some leica glass on an EOS R a couple of times and those stills turned out beautifully as well. Cannot wait to film something with those and this. The RF mount is so versatile with what you can do with it. There is an adapter for almost any vintage lens mount out already. Canon really went the right way with it, even though I still love my M5 for a little walk around day to day camera.

Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
The article cites full functionality with 3 new EF lenses. But would it still Autofocus on an R5 with a EF 50mm F1.2L? And turn it into a 36mm F0.85?? With AF???? Did I sell that lens too fast ???????

I’m not sure exactly, but I do know B&H and Adorama sold out of copies of the EF 50mm 1.2 L

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
The article cites full functionality with 3 new EF lenses. But would it still Autofocus on an R5 with a EF 50mm F1.2L? And turn it into a 36mm F0.85?? With AF???? Did I sell that lens too fast ???????
Speedboosters create a 1.6x crop sensor image circle, so I'm sure when you put the adapter on a non-crop camera it will default to crop-mode only to prevent the dark circle around the corners. This would equate the perspective of a 50mm f/0.85 on the R5's 17 megapixel crop mode.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

It’s a S35 sensor, so it’ll be a 50mm equivalent with speedbooster.

50x1.5x.71 = 53

Also, speedboosters aren’t magic. It won’t change the f-stop of the lens.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Doesn’t work, bummer!

Can you tell us what’s on the back of the camera? Is there a monitor or vidwfinder?

Upvote 0