I call it...

Compost in the Stairwell.

7D, ISO 400, 1/160. EF 85 1.8, @ f/1.8. Available light, no flash.

I left for lunch and this was sitting on a half-wall in the stairwell. I came back from lunch and it was still there. It was just so strikingly out of place... And I had my camera so I couldn't resist.

I would love feedback as to things I could try with light next time someone leaves fruit refuse lying around, or post processing techniques (this is SOOC), I will post a RAW file tonight if anyone wants to download one to give some examples of what you'd do... or, if you think photographing oxidized fruit is stupid, feel free to share that too.

Attachments

• StairwellRefuse.jpg
    StairwellRefuse.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 724
Sporgon said:
Well I wouldn't call it a great image, but on the other hand it's an image that stimulates thought from the viewer.

Whoever at the pear was a very tidy little nibbler and yet careless enough to discard it in a stairwell !

Thanks for that- after getting home from work and looking at it again, I really wish I'd taken the time to set up a flash and light it the way I really wanted it to look. Did this edit in LR, and I think it still captures that balance of being neatly eaten, and casually left in a stairwell, while being a little more visually attractive. If you can call a pear core attractive...

Attachments

• StairwellRefuse-edited.jpg
    StairwellRefuse-edited.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 725
Upvote 0