I just saw a 7D refurb on canon's website listed @ 40% off.

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
This will happen more often, similar to the 5D2 at time of the 5D3 launch. The 7D is going to be obsoleted, and we all know it, so it's just a question of how low everyone needs to go with all these specials before realities (like grips, batteries, etc.) are trumped by emotions ("but it was soooo cheap!").

Also: EOS-M. It's the same price-drops-and-drops-and-drops-until-you-bite scenario, albeit for very different reasons than the 7D and 5D2. I've recently seen EOS-M kits with the EF-M 18-55 for something comical, like $249. They are, in effect, giving those away.

- A

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
wsmith96 said:
It was just a posting for a sale price that some may be interested in. Wasn't intending for an in depth analysis on Canon's logic for such a discount, or why you would choose full frame because the 7D battery grip is still MSRP.

Thank goodness you were around play police for such topics.

Jeez.
:eek:

I choose FF because its so much better than crop. I've had two 7D's, they were good (at the time) for a crop. I was merely pointing out that they were not taking 40% off a grip or battery, so they are no bargain. I never use a add-on grip, they have been less than satisfactory for me.

The prices for used 7D's will bounce up later this year, so it is a good time to grab one. Get the lens combo deal for $100 more and resell the lens.

Upvote 0