- 3 APS-C bodies

Sony currently has

- 9 FF bodies

- 4 APS-C bodies

So the future Nikon bodies are

- 5 FF bodies

- 2 APS-C bodies

Somewhat aligns to Nikon matching Sony point by point

So will Canon have 9 FF & 4 APS-C RF bodies by next year?

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Added to this the 17-28mm f/2.8 rebadged Tamron is now available. Looks like Nikon will have 3 rebadged Tamron lenses and one Tamron lens.
Tamron is also making lenses for Fuji, with 150-500mm being announced for X mount. With recent Xh2 duo that lens is certaonly a welcome addition. Nikon has listed 200-600 which would be one to watch out for as its supposed to be constant aperture and replacing 200-500mm F lens.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Tamron is also making lenses for Fuji, with 150-500mm being announced for X mount. With recent Xh2 duo that lens is certaonly a welcome addition. Nikon has listed 200-600 which would be one to watch out for as its supposed to be constant aperture and replacing 200-500mm F lens.
A 200-600/5.6 VR S that weighs 2kg & costs <$4k would be a dream lens.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Nikon has listed 200-600 which would be one to watch out for as its supposed to be constant aperture and replacing 200-500mm F lens.
Everything I have heard on this is it'll be a f/5.6-6.3 and the silhouette doesn't look like the front element is big enough for a f/5.6. Though it is personally not a lens I am interested in; I have the 100-400, 400 f/4.5, 400 f/2.8 TC (on order), and 800 f/6.3. Too much overlap to have a 200-600 as well unless it is for say taking a cheaper lens+body to someplace where there is a good chance its going to fall in the ocean.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Nice to see and hopefully Nikon make a comeback. They deserve success since they did what’s right for their customers and opened their mount up to third parties!
Yes, and I'm sure their motives for doing so were entirely altruistic, because they love and care deeply for their customers and want them to have all the best lenses even if it means sacrificing their own profits. Canon, on the other hand, is keeping their mount closed for malign reasons, because they're evil profit-grubbers who's main desire is to screw over their customers. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Everything I have heard on this is it'll be a f/5.6-6.3 and the silhouette doesn't look like the front element is big enough for a f/5.6. Though it is personally not a lens I am interested in; I have the 100-400, 400 f/4.5, 400 f/2.8 TC (on order), and 800 f/6.3. Too much overlap to have a 200-600 as well unless it is for say taking a cheaper lens+body to someplace where there is a good chance its going to fall in the ocean.
Right now I am well served with EF 100-400mm(for macro) and pair of 100mm Macros, at some point if I ever get Canon RF system will continue to use these lenses or replace EF 100-400 with RF 100-400mm due to higher mag ratio. I know quite a lot of Nikon shooters who are interested in Z system might end up getting 200-600 for their needs.

That 200-500mm is impressive lens for the price.
Puff-throated babbler (2).jpg
White eyed Buzzard (4).jpg
Changable Hawk Eagle.jpg

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

That 200-500mm is impressive lens for the price.
Yep, nothing wrong with the 200-500 and I am sure the 200-600 will be just as good. Just when you have a 100-400 and the big primes it doesn't make sense. The main downsides are weight, weather sealing, and initial acquisition focus speed.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
Are we now NikonRumors? o_Oo_Oo_O

Nikon currently has

- 4 FF bodies

- 3 APS-C bodies

Sony currently has

- 9 FF bodies

- 4 APS-C bodies

So the future Nikon bodies are

- 5 FF bodies

- 2 APS-C bodies

Somewhat aligns to Nikon matching Sony point by point

So will Canon have 9 FF & 4 APS-C RF bodies by next year?
Canonrumors lost the plot ....

• Haha
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Canonrumors lost the plot ....
Most people here are presumably Canon owners and unlikely to switch brands, but anyone considering switching (such as a Canon DSLR user switching to a MILC system) would find these "industry news" reports highly relevant. It would actually be nice to see comparative charts depicting the current lens ranges, and roadmaps, for the big three brands. DPReview has attempted this a few times but their charts are usually out of date and look like a confused mess.

Upvote 0

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Yes, and I'm sure their motives for doing so were entirely altruistic, because they love and care deeply for their customers and want them to have all the best lenses even if it means sacrificing their own profits. Canon, on the other hand, is keeping their mount closed for malign reasons, because they're evil profit-grubbers who's main desire is to screw over their customers. :ROFLMAO:
Actually compared to other brands Nikon has always traditionally never had a real big distinction between bodies unlike other brands. Yes they can make a profit from opening their mount, hence why Canon are fools for not licensing it to third parties :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0