Industry News: DJI To Announced Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom on August 23, 2018

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like we’re finally going to see the highly anticipated DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Mavic 2 Zoom announced in New York City on August 23, 2018 at 10AM EST.
Both of these drones were scheduled to be announced on July 18, 2018, but were delayed.
Key Specifications:

1″ CMOS Image Sensor
Hasselblad branded camera
1080p video transmission
8km (4.9 miles) transmission range
Max speed 20 m/s (44 mph)
31 minute battery life
APAS
ActiveTrack 2.0
Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance.
24-48mm 2x Zoom (Mavic 2 Zoom only)
Dolly Zoom (Mavic 2 Zoom only)

We’ve been waiting a long time for the Mavic 2 Pro, and we think it’ll be worth the wait.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
I would be so pumped about this if I could fly a drone anywhere near where I lived. Not to sound too salty, but drone restrictions (while necessary) create quite the barrier to using them.

Yes unfortunate a few selfish/thoughtless people (I don't know what else to call them) did not consider the impact of how they used their drones and now the rest of us are limited owing to their actions.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Promises to be a great drone.
You wonder how far DJI can bring these drones. I don't think they could ever be silent unless they can somehow neutralise the sound. They are likely to become more and more restricted in where they can be used. They are potentially dangerous is in the wrong hands/
DJI have done a great job so far improving the technology of the drones. They certainly up to now haven't held back on technology.

Upvote 0