Industry News: Nikon announces a pair of macro lenses for the Z mount

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Powerful NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S and the Compact NIKKOR Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lenses Add Creative Versatility to the Expanding NIKKOR Z Lineup; Nikon also Announces Upcoming Release of Compact Primes in 2021
MELVILLE, NY (June 2, 2021) – Today, Nikon Inc. announced the NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S and NIKKOR Z MC 50mm f/2.8, the latest additions to the rapidly growing NIKKOR Z lens lineup for Nikon’s high-performance Z series mirrorless cameras. The premium NIKKOR Z MC 105mm and the compact NIKKOR Z MC 50mm are the first NIKKOR Z lenses to feature a 1:1 reproduction ratio, allowing users to get close to their subjects and fill the frame with edge-to-edge sharpness and incredible details. Whether photographing subtle intricacies of wildlife, wedding details, food and jewelry or capturing striking portraits with gorgeous bokeh, these new macro lenses deliver a fantastic combination of versatility and precision.

“As the first native micro NIKKOR Z lenses, the NIKKOR...

Continue reading...

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Good for Nikon users, macro / close up equipment has always been one of their strength. I remember with nostalgia my 55mm /105mm AI-S Micro Nikkor combo, they were superb lenses. Great to see Nikon new releases, I hope they'll keep going as a company, it's a name in the photo industry I would not like to see disappear.
I have so many fond memories of Nikon cameras, as I have with with my darkroom days. I would definitely like to see them succeed!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0