Industry News: Sony introduces the Sony Cinema Line, teases FX6 camera

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release:
Sony today announced the launch of Cinema Line, a series of new camera products for content creators which will bring together Sony’s expertise in image quality, attention to detail, technology, and passion in digital cinema.
Cinema Line will deliver not only the coveted cinematographic look cultivated through extensive experience in digital cinema production but also the enhanced operability and reliability that meet discerning creators’ various needs. The new series will extend beyond basic cinema cameras and professional camcorder form factors.

In 2000, Sony released the ground-breaking HDW-F900. The HDW-F900 marked the beginning of digital cinema history as the world’s first 24p digital cinema camera. VENICE and other products followed in response to countless dialogues with cinematographers and image creators.
Existing products in the Sony range will form part of the Cinema Line including VENICE and FX9. VENICE has become the first choice for digital movie...

Continue reading...

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
Competition for the C70 perhaps? Though FX series cameras are full frame do perhaps not exactly on the same level. I’m liking the size of the C70 more... but this Sony will definitely need too be considered also. Hopefully more specs will come out for both before too much longer.

I think the C70 is more like the BMPCC, but it will probably be able to record longer on its own. (Internal recording, bigger battery? Hoping for BPA-style batteries so I can get the ones with Dtap and USB.) The C70 also seem to match more in size and formfactor with the Komodo and Z-Cam. If Canon makes an XLR-module/top handle, I don’t know how close it wil end up beeing compared to the FX6. But I got to say, Sony is really doing great improvements with color, AF, menus, monitor placement etc. Exciting times!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 384473

I think the C70 is more like the BMPCC, but it will probably be able to record longer on its own. (Internal recording, bigger battery? Hoping for BPA-style batteries so I can get the ones with Dtap and USB.) The C70 also seem to match more in size and formfactor with the Komodo and Z-Cam. If Canon makes an XLR-module/top handle, I don’t know how close it wil end up beeing compared to the FX6. But I got to say, Sony is really doing great improvements with color, AF, menus, monitor placement etc. Exciting times!
Hoping CR Guy posts the specs soon for the C70. Hottest on my radar right now.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
While in getting the A7S3 I hoping for more details on the C70 also. I’m not sure it makes a lot of sense to own both of these bodies? I’m hoping the Canon “exceeds my expectations”... but Sony already did that with the A7S3 and my confidence in Canon is starting to falter. Still, it would make my load out far less complicated as I have way more Canon glass than Sony.

Upvote 0

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
Hoping CR Guy posts the specs soon for the C70. Hottest on my radar right now.
We already know a lot spec wise, but it will be so damn exciting to see what we actually get! Since this is a new formfactor it says a lot about the future too. Also excited to see how much of the specs we get. But of course, the earliest rumored specs about the C70 doesn’t have that CR3.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
While in getting the A7S3 I hoping for more details on the C70 also. I’m not sure it makes a lot of sense to own both of these bodies? I’m hoping the Canon “exceeds my expectations”... but Sony already did that with the A7S3 and my confidence in Canon is starting to falter. Still, it would make my load out far less complicated as I have way more Canon glass than Sony.
A7s III + FX6?

Upvote 0

Darecinema

Addicted to lenses.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2018
I’ve been so tempted to preorder an A7Siii + add FX9 to my collection but I’m trying hard to practice patience and wait for what Canon has in their pocket with the RF cinema cameras. RF has actually stopped me from picking up a C300III or C500II. Weird limbo.
I’m 100% in the exact same boat except I would grab the C500II over the FX9. Not that the FX9 isn’t capable just feel the C500 II is a better decision for my needs. But I soooo want the RF cinema camera.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 384473

I’m 100% in the exact same boat except I would grab the C500II over the FX9. Not that the FX9 isn’t capable just feel the C500 II is a better decision for my needs. But I soooo want the RF cinema camera.
I actually think it is too but I have a weird need to keep duos in the same family, if that makes sense. My current duo is R + C300II with R5 ordered. I want to add a new duo. Without a doubt, RF mount on the C500II would be a no brainer. Really would. And the C70 with it’s rumored specs points to a real possibility this will happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0