Issue with IDX III and 11-24mm and Sigma 14mm

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
It's perhaps an usual combination of equipment but I was wondering if anyone has a 1 DX III and a Canon 11-24mm and/or a Sigma 14mm 1.8.
I've never had this before with a Canon camera.
The 11-24mm doesn't click into place when I put it on unless I really force it.
The Sigma too is needs a little push to click into place.
No other lens I've tried on the 1DX III has any issue at all.
I know tolerances can be fine but I thought it unusual. Anyone else experience it?

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
It's perhaps an usual combination of equipment but I was wondering if anyone has a 1 DX III and a Canon 11-24mm and/or a Sigma 14mm 1.8.
I've never had this before with a Canon camera.
The 11-24mm doesn't click into place when I put it on unless I really force it.
The Sigma too is needs a little push to click into place.
No other lens I've tried on the 1DX III has any issue at all.
I know tolerances can be fine but I thought it unusual. Anyone else experience it?
Did you check the mount screws? And are these lenses mounting okay on another body?

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Yes mounting perfectly on 5DSR and 5DIV.
First time problem.
Any dirt/debris built up on the lens mounts? Specifically, the ends of the ridges on the lens mount that would slot into the mount on the camera. Maybe the 1DX III, being a new camera, has a lens mount that hasn't worn in yet, so it's extra non-tolerant to any debris built up on the lens mounts. I don't have a 1DX III, but I do have an 11-24, and I've never had issues mounting it to my 5D4 or my EF-RF adapter to go on my EOS R.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Any dirt/debris built up on the lens mounts? Specifically, the ends of the ridges on the lens mount that would slot into the mount on the camera. Maybe the 1DX III, being a new camera, has a lens mount that hasn't worn in yet, so it's extra non-tolerant to any debris built up on the lens mounts. I don't have a 1DX III, but I do have an 11-24, and I've never had issues mounting it to my 5D4 or my EF-RF adapter to go on my EOS R.
Thanks I'll have a look. I never had a mounting issue before.

Upvote 0